WDTV Streaming to PS3

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

WDTV Streaming to PS3

Postby dasweetdude » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:37 pm

Just wanted to know if there was a plug in or a way to be able to stream my WDTV from my pc through to the PS3.I can do this through my xbox 360 and get WDTV from the same pc just wanted to know if the same can be done with the PS3.Only had my PS3 for a day and was curious of what other things can be done with the PS3 Media Server?
dasweetdude

Re: WDTV Streaming to PS3

Postby dasweetdude » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:09 pm

403 views and nobody has any comments or has'nt thought of the idea.After having a look around and using some of the plug-in's l'm sure it can be done.l did'nt except the ps3 media server to work on my smart tv l can actually use this with both my ps3 and the tv its playing on with its on built in wifi.l've found that most of the things l wanted to do in my last post l can do with play TV.Just using the WDTV seems alot cleaner with signals compared to the play TV at this moment in time.
dasweetdude

Postby tcviper » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:13 am

If it's a WD TV with HD, you could just use the shares on it and add those to the PS3 Mediaserver so the pc can access it.
Apart from that you will not get a lot of response on this because this is dedicated to PS3MS and mostly Bravia and Playstation systems ;)
tcviper

Postby dasweetdude » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:07 pm

l'm using a samsung smart tv as well and that streams fine to my tv from my pc but thats still using the same dlna as my pc would using the samsung software just its alot smoother to use.
dasweetdude

Return to Additions and Plugins