Hello out there. I think there's a lack of summarized info regarding PMS for newbs. So here's an attempt to fix that...
Best regards, Otmanix.
- Project lead: shagrath
- Moderator: meskibob
- Project committers:
- Google Code (Downloads & Issue Tracker)
- GitHub (Source Code)
- PMS on Twitter
- RSS news feed
- PMS Issues
- Download current version
- Download latest development snapshot
- Download old versions
- PMS Plugins
- PMS forum
- PMS latest version
- PMS translation: how to translate PMS
- Request new features here
- Audio and video streams: well tested streams for usage in WEB.conf
- Alternate streaming clients / DLNA media renderers
- Before reporting a problem in the PMS forum read this
- Extensive help can be found under the "Help" button in PMS.
- PS3 Media Server 1.60 – installation on Windows 7
- PS3 Media Server 1.60 – startup and basic settings
- PS3 Media Server access with XBMC
- Compile PMS on MS Windows
- PS3 Media Server on Ubuntu
- PS3 Media Server on Ubuntu 8.10 SVN PMS & Multithread
- PS3 Media Server on headless Ubuntu 9.04 server
- PS3 Media Server on (headless) OpenSolaris
- PS3 Media Server on Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala
- PS3 Media Server on Fedora 11
- PS3 Media Server 1.60 – Installation unter Windows 7
- PS3 Media Server 1.60 – Start und Grundkonfiguration
- Zugriff mit XBMC auf PS3 Media Server
- PMS und Mac Os X
- Réseaux et techniques de base
- Installation et configuration de base
- Configuration générale – Paramètres de navigation et de partage (I)
- Configuration générale – Paramètres de navigation et de partage (II)
- VLC, Avisynth et CoreAVC
- A/V Sync
- PS3 Radio (discussion)
- PS3 Mediathek (German TV streams of ZDF Mediathek)
- PMS Rendr edition for BD live player
- PS3 Media Server Cover Generator Application
- PS3 Media Server SVN builder tool
Here you can find free media files of different types and resolutions for testing your setup, e.g. to see how streaming/muxing/transcoding works...
- Big Buck Bunny video
- Test files from the MPlayer project
- Matroska Test Suite
- Jellyfish Video Bitrate Test Files
PMS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Connection problems
- I cannot see PMS from my DLNA client!
- PMS cannot bind to the IP-address or port on the network interface
- PMS is bound to the wrong network interface
- You do not have the proper access or permissions for the PMS install folder
- PMS is taking time to register a component or setting
- Your software firewall or other software is blocking the traffic between PMS and your device
- Your router is blocking the traffic
- The host file on your Linux box needs to be corrected
- Windows is set to a Public network location instead of Home
- Your server and device are on different subnets
- Your server or device is configured to use an invalid IP address
- Your device is not set up to access any DLNA servers
- Direct connections
- PMS doesn't show up on the PS3 until PMS is restarted or until PMS sends an alive notice
- When directly streaming videos (usually AVI or MP4) from Mac OS X to the PS3, you receive "constant" network errors.
- Playback problems
- Minimum System/Network Requirements for Stutter-free Playback
- How can I fix/reduce stuttering video playback?
- Video skips/freezes
- Playback of video file stops at the end of the file and doesn't continue with the next video file.
- I am on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or older and I always get "Data corrupted".
- Some MKV files are returning "Data corrupted" or other playback errors while other MKV files work fine
- You receive the error message "No images", "No tracks", or "No titles" when trying to view a folder that does contain valid media.
- You receive a "Media Server Error: A DLNA protocol error (2006) has occurred" error followed by "There are no titles" on the PS3 when trying to view a video folder that does contain valid video media.
- You receive errors or frozen playback when trying to fast forward, rewind, or "Scene Search" through a video.
- Native subtitles are missing for the non-native parts of a native audio movie
- Data corrupted when playing back CD / DVD ISOs or rips
- How do I get web video feeds/streams to work?
- PMS doesn't reflect newly added/removed/renamed files/folders
- My cover art image for a video file isn't displaying on my device
- Movie picture gets stretched!, instead you want 16:9 with borders
- How can I tweak video playback options such as audio/video delay, brightness &c.?
- How can I manually execute the transcoding command line that PMS uses?
- Installation and configuration
- Where are the PMS config, log, database files etc. located?
- Is there a description of all configuration options?
- PS3 Media Server won't start or display the GUI
- How to change settings when PMS is running as a service
- How to play DTS music with PS3 firmware 3.0
- Manual setup of Windows firewall
- Problems with the media database on Windows 7
- Streaming SiriusXM
- Issues with older Java versions
- How can I use a custom renderer icon?
- How can I launch PMS with a custom profile?
- The Web folder does not appear on my renderer
- PMS refuses to use the settings on Linux!
- When opening PMS for the first time after installation on OSX this message shows up: "PS3 Media Server.app" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
- Your External HDD or NAS is not visible on OSX when adding shared folders to PMS.
- How can I supply details to help diagnose my problem?
- There are multiple versions of PMS available. Which version should I use?
- I have a problem with PMS. Do I need to upgrade anything?
- Is there a list of supported media renderers (streaming clients) for PS3 Media Server?
- My device is not supported by PMS. How can I create a custom renderer.conf to make PMS recognize my device?
- Is there a HOWTO for the Movie Info plugin?