Can't start PS3 Media Server

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Can't start PS3 Media Server

Postby DikkeDoei » Tue May 19, 2009 10:04 am

It used to work perfect and i could stream everything. But lately i cant even start the program.
Ive installed the latest version and still nothing. It has something to do with Java but i have no idea what im doing when it comes to that.
Anyone that can help me? :cry:

This is the error i get:
DikkeDoei

Re: Can't start PS3 Media Server

Postby legendb » Tue May 19, 2009 10:11 am

If I were you I'd try reinstalling java.
legendb

Postby Burrito » Tue May 19, 2009 2:00 pm

If you are using Kaspersky security products, you should update or uninstall the Kaspersky software. They had problems with JAVA.

Deinstall JAVA properly: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/uninstall_java.xml and reinstall after a reboot.
Burrito

Postby DikkeDoei » Tue May 19, 2009 5:11 pm

Well thanks for the replies but it still isn't working. I've deleted all versions of Java (I had like 8 updates apparently..) and rebooted. Went to java.com and installed the latest version. However the installation failed the 1st time and the website told me to use the offline installer, so maybe it has something to do with that.

I'm going to mess about some more. But maybe someone has another idea? My computer needs a reinstall anyway, but I'm currently working on my thesis so I don't really want to do that now..
DikkeDoei

Postby jebise101 » Wed May 20, 2009 5:57 am

try to uninstall all java updates etc, run a registry cleaner, disk cleanup and then reboot. Then try to install java again.
jebise101

Return to General Help and Support