Stream without transcoding?

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Stream without transcoding?

Postby dougeast » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:22 pm

Thanks for a great application. It's really close to what I'm trying to find and maybe I just don't know how to configure it to do what I want. Here's my situation...

- I have all my dvd's ripped to ifo/vob on my harddrive (using dvdfab and just pulling out the main movie stream; no menus or extras).

- The movies play on my ps3 served by TVersity with transcoding turned off so I get exactly the same data rate and image quality that I had if I loaded the dvd into my ps3. This is great but I have to set up playlists to concatenate the vobs and there is a delay as it jumps from one vob to the next. Also, I have a few dvd images where for some reason (yet to be figured out) one or more of the vobs in a dvd image won't play.

- With PS3 Mediaserver the whole dvd image always plays but I can't find out how to turn off transcoding, so either I get too high a data rate for my network (wired 100Mbs) or too low a data rate and image suffers.

Is there a way to get PS3 Mediaserver to just serve the dvd image without transcoding?

Thanks!
dougeast

Re: Stream without transcoding?

Postby ExSport » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm

with advanced settings you can do it...
try search here in forum ;)
ExSport

Re: Stream without transcoding?

Postby dougeast » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:30 pm

Ok. I tried...

vcodec == mpeg2 && srtfile == null :: -ovc copy -nosync

...and that seems to do the trick. Streams to the PS3 without transcoding; I get the original DVD bitrate plus 5.1 audio. Only thing that doesn't work is the PS3 scene selection.

Is there a place where I can find a definition of all the custom options?

Thanks!
dougeast

Return to General Discussion