Last.Fm scrobbling support

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: Last.Fm scrobbling support

Postby isaaclegate » Sun May 17, 2009 10:46 pm

Phate666 wrote:I attached my patch, it has been created using eclipse "Create Patch" menu, so it should be no problem to apply it. The jar file goes into the "lib" directory.

How do you get this to work? I put the jar file and the patch file in the java\lib directory, am i meant to launch one of the files? PMS doesnt seem to notice anything.
isaaclegate

Postby spazure » Mon May 18, 2009 9:08 pm

Liontiger wrote:or are there any news concerning official implementation of last.FM in PMS?

That's what I'd like to know, as well. Not a day goes by that I don't use PMS, so lastfm scrobble support would be awesome.

I'm already stalking the blog rss feed for PMS, in case it magically appears in an update. ;-)
spazure

Postby Phate666 » Tue May 19, 2009 1:55 pm

I have uploaded a pre-compiled pms.jar. Just download it, replace the old file and enable lastFM support in options.
http://www.mediafire.com/?g1wzemznjdc
Phate666

Postby rayuki » Tue May 19, 2009 5:06 pm

that sounds interesting, please some people try it and report back! i would except im a bit new to this whole program and last.fm

but this sounds like something really cool i would like to add.
rayuki

Postby isaaclegate » Tue May 19, 2009 7:38 pm

I replaced the app file with the one you put up for download, but Under the LastFM part, it says engine not loaded...
isaaclegate

Postby Phate666 » Tue May 19, 2009 10:04 pm

On the "Transcoding Settings" tab under Misc Engines you should have a new lastFM entry, just enable it (there should be a green arrow in front of "last.FM"). Dont forget to add your username + password and it should work.
Phate666

Postby archy121 » Wed May 20, 2009 2:38 am

Phate666 wrote:On the "Transcoding Settings" tab under Misc Engines you should have a new lastFM entry, just enable it (there should be a green arrow in front of "last.FM"). Dont forget to add your username + password and it should work.

I have enabled the LastFM Misc Engines entry but it still comes up with a orange warning triangle & the message "This Engine Is not Loaded!"
I have done a save & restarted the HTTP service as well as the PS3MS service but it has not helped.

Also where do we enter the username & password ?
archy121

Postby isaaclegate » Wed May 20, 2009 11:16 pm

archy121 wrote:
Phate666 wrote:On the "Transcoding Settings" tab under Misc Engines you should have a new lastFM entry, just enable it (there should be a green arrow in front of "last.FM"). Dont forget to add your username + password and it should work.

I have enabled the LastFM Misc Engines entry but it still comes up with a orange warning triangle & the message "This Engine Is not Loaded!"
I have done a save & restarted the HTTP service as well as the PS3MS service but it has not helped.

Also where do we enter the username & password ?

Ditto:
isaaclegate

Postby ExSport » Wed May 20, 2009 11:49 pm

On picture it is disabled.Did you used plug icon ;)
ExSport

Postby Liontiger » Wed May 20, 2009 11:51 pm

same problem i described with my self-compiled version - using the 'plug-icon' has no effect - the engine is still not being loaded
Liontiger

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins