Requesting guide/help on Blu Ray ripping

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Requesting guide/help on Blu Ray ripping

Postby jrufano » Thu May 07, 2009 1:20 am

Hi all,
I'm familar with other forms of backing up, just new to blu ray. I just got a LG BR player. I searched this forum and followed directions on how to backup my BR discs to files for streaming. The directions are some what vague. Does anyone have a guide, or a link to a guide, preferably with screen shots of settings? I currently used anydvd to rip the disc. I then downloaded BDinfo and Tsmuxer, and ripbot. Everything seemed to go ok, until the ripbot portion. I don't receive any errors, i just don't know what settings to set. I didn't know what to change to have the file size compressed, or the correct codecs or any of the settings. If possible I would like to keep the movie to a single file 1080P, with atleast dts, no subs, 10gigs or under because I have a big library to backup. I would appreciate any assitance anyone can offer.

One other thing, i see files saved as *vob, *mpeg4, and *mkv formats. Are there pro's and con's? Is any one format better than the others. Can someone suggest what I should use based on what i want to attain? Thanks.
jrufano

Re: Requesting guide/help on Blu Ray ripping

Postby jr2647 » Thu May 14, 2009 1:28 am

heres how i do and stream HD movies

Rip blu ray to HDD
Use new Tsmuxer to demux or HD stream extractor to separate the video and audio
remux with Tsmuxer making the DTS of THD audio in english into AC3 becaue PS3 wont stream DTS or THD but AC3 will come thru in 5.1 surround
alot of videos only have other languages in AC3 so this is the need to extract then remux to M2TS file.
Mind steams perfectly. I really dont use subtitles much but you can remux those back in as well when yu sue Tsmuxer to remux video.
jr2647

Re: Requesting guide/help on Blu Ray ripping

Postby jrufano » Sun May 17, 2009 2:33 am

Thank you very much. I will try this. Thanks!
jrufano

Return to General Help and Support