VIDEO_TS folders

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

VIDEO_TS folders

Postby renichms » Sun May 17, 2009 1:48 am

Forgive me for being a newbie here but I have not found any useful information that would help me with my problem so far.

I have a 1.42GHz G4 Mac Mini running Mac OS X 10.5.7 acting as server for basically everything on my network. On a connected HDD, I have all my movies, dumped as DVDs (not ripped to video files). I use VLC to open folder in Windows with no problem and use open disc on Mac to load them with no problem. On a whim, I decided to look into PS3 media server to see if the PS3 could play them too. The server is running on the Mac and the PS3 and Mac see each other. The PS3 can even go to the folder I chose to share and it sees the folders for the movies. But when I go into the folder for the movie, no VIDEO_TS folders show, no files. It just says nothing is there.

What needs to be tweaked for the PS3 to see the folder so it can be loaded and played?

RN
renichms

Re: VIDEO_TS folders

Postby meskibob » Sun May 17, 2009 1:56 am

Are you in the Video section of the XMB?
Also, you could be hitting the folder depth limit (PS3 limitation), so try directly sharing the folder in the PMS settings to test.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: VIDEO_TS folders

Postby renichms » Sun May 17, 2009 2:07 am

meskibob wrote:Are you in the Video section of the XMB?
Also, you could be hitting the folder depth limit (PS3 limitation), so try directly sharing the folder in the PMS settings to test.

It says "There are no items." Tried directly sharing the folder a movie was in, so it's not folder depth. On the PS3 menu, I'm using the little video menu to find the server and it finds the server and the folders but won't find anything in them. Some were copied to disk with 10.5, slightly troublesome ones with 10.4 and the ones that refused to be copied were copied with a program for copying discs (presumably for backup, which one could argue is what I am doing since I only copy my own).

The networking side I understand fine since I do that for a living but this particular server software and the PS3 setup I'm not nearly as familiar with.

RN
renichms

Return to Mac OS X Support