REDLUM/SHAGRATH a few questions about the ps3.confg file?

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

REDLUM/SHAGRATH a few questions about the ps3.confg file?

Postby j2048b » Mon May 11, 2009 5:44 pm

Just wanted to ask redlum and maybe shagrath a few questions:

1. it states that you are using the dlna feature by time and not by range,
(why is that?)

2. The transcode codecs are video=mpegac3
(can we change those?) if so wouldn't it benefit us to change them so we do not have to force transcoding of certain file types?

3. i remember between versions 1.0 and 1.04 you changed the file types that ps3 was compatible with from :

j2048b wrote:
shagrath wrote:between 1.0 and 1.04, I changed m4v from ps3's incompatible video to compatible video
so if your m4v is not playing, you have to force the transcode into #transcoded# folder

So is there a way to make m4v's and mp4's back to incompatible such as it was in version 1.0? this way there will be no transcoding and we will be able to copy the files to the ps3?
(as of now we have to force transcoding of m4v,mp4 and it does not allow us to copy those files over to the ps3)

in version 1.0 all of my videos showed up as mpeg-2's and would work flawlessly! and i could copy them over to the ps3!

4. or would it be better to use the ps3.confg file to put in the force transcodes under the forcefully transode extensions area?

5. does the media renderer support DTS in a mpeg file?
(if we change this to = true will it stream DTS from iso's and mpeg files?

what files can be streamed as is and not transcoded?
(last item in ps3.cong)

I would really appreciate any help to the answers of these questions!!
j2048b

Re: REDLUM/SHAGRATH a few questions about the ps3.confg file?

Postby j2048b » Tue May 12, 2009 7:44 am

ANY HELP REDLUM OR SHAGRATH?

ANNNYYYY?

THANKS!
j2048b

Postby shagrath » Tue May 12, 2009 12:46 pm

I don't know why you would mess with that, given that you only want to force the transcode on some extensions, which you can do in the graphical interface
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby j2048b » Tue May 12, 2009 5:03 pm

shagrath wrote:I don't know why you would mess with that, given that you only want to force the transcode on some extensions, which you can do in the graphical interface

I just wanted a basic run down of those specific items so i can see if maybe i can tweak my copy and get a better understanding of what those specific items do and are associated with?

if someone could be so kind to answer the questions then i can see what they do for myself.

thanks
j2048b

Postby j2048b » Wed May 13, 2009 5:21 pm

Shagrath? or redlum?
j2048b

Return to Mac OS X Support