MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: IMDB Support

Postby jaqb » Fri May 08, 2009 7:46 pm

I figured it out... You must to install this windows version first: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=919 . Then replace the JAR with that in first post.
edit: Thx
So it did help ?
HD YouTube on PS3 -> PS3 Youtube :D Are you a F1 fan ? Check out F1Reader.com
jaqb

Postby discodad » Fri May 08, 2009 7:53 pm

you're the man! thx for your help and time. love your imdb support!
works perfectly and looks now so much better with the ps3 in status!
discodad

Postby ExSport » Sat May 09, 2009 10:25 am

Great work jaqb :mrgreen:
Do you think it is possible supporting something like internet scripts from this application?
http://www.binaryworks.it/extrememoviemanager/
I mean loading some external file where you will define Web page with movie info (like www.imdb.com, www.rottentomatoes.com, www.csfd.cz etc.), finding strings for every item(genre,rating,title,year...) so everyone can optimize it for yourself?
Then user will define search string in HTML only (begining and ending tag), number or Actors to view, custom items, etc. and PMS will read it? Something similar I see in your code, but it is not user friendly to fit it to other movie web sites.
For this feature donation is guaranteed :mrgreen:
Thanks 8-)
ExSport

Postby jaqb » Sat May 09, 2009 4:11 pm

ExSport wrote:Great work jaqb :mrgreen:
Do you think it is possible supporting something like internet scripts from this application?
http://www.binaryworks.it/extrememoviemanager/
I mean loading some external file where you will define Web page with movie info (like http://www.imdb.com, http://www.rottentomatoes.com, http://www.csfd.cz etc.), finding strings for every item(genre,rating,title,year...) so everyone can optimize it for yourself?
Then user will define search string in HTML only (begining and ending tag), number or Actors to view, custom items, etc. and PMS will read it? Something similar I see in your code, but it is not user friendly to fit it to other movie web sites.
For this feature donation is guaranteed :mrgreen:
Thanks 8-)

I think I can make something similar...a plugin support of some sort. But it will probably have to be a compiled java class..not a text file. The user (plugin writer) will have to make a (child) class where he parse the needed data from a website of his choice. All the other things u said, defining number of actors to view, and what items to use I can put in a config file similar to PMS.conf or WEB.conf that the end user can edit. I havent decided what to do next.... I need to focus on getting movie name from file as it is the most important thing imo...but plugin support sounds like fun :D
Last edited by jaqb on Sat May 09, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaqb

Postby ExSport » Sat May 09, 2009 6:40 pm

Less universal/more complicated for others but maybe possible...
Hope that more child classes will be possible so users can use not only one movie web site but more...(from ###Movie Info### folder)
Last edited by ExSport on Tue May 12, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ExSport

Postby rurocking » Sun May 10, 2009 12:40 am

Awsome job. I loved the server before, but now this is great. Keep up the good work and I hope this becomes part of the main stream code.
rurocking

Postby rurocking » Sun May 10, 2009 12:43 am

jaqb wrote:
discodad wrote:one question: since I changed the pms.jar I have in my status a yellow triangle and the text is: another media renderer other than the PS3 has been detected....

everything works fine so far, just why is this note?

This is weird. It means that PS3MS doesnt detect ps3 at all...did u try to reset the ps3? You can also try to put the IP of the ps3 in "Use an IP Filter" field in General Configuration tab...assuming u dont use other media renderers...

I get the same thing and I think it's because in my case I have another Hardware Device on the system A NAS with built in Multimedia Server.
rurocking

Postby jaqb » Sun May 10, 2009 10:39 am

rurocking wrote:I get the same thing and I think it's because in my case I have another Hardware Device on the system A NAS with built in Multimedia Server.

You need to install the latest build first... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=919 ..this should fix your problem.
jaqb

Postby jaqb » Mon May 11, 2009 3:17 pm

First post has been updated...another major update :-)
jaqb

Postby griffins » Mon May 11, 2009 9:29 pm

This is a great feature. I absolutely love it.

One question though? Is there anyway to possibly get the imdb info to show up in the main directory next to the movie without having to go into the #--Movie Info--# folder everytime?

(Maybe this is already possible, if so, that means there is something wrong with my setup)

Thanks again!!
griffins

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins