MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: IMDB Support

Postby fredsdead » Wed May 06, 2009 9:35 am

This looks great. I´ll try it out when i come home from work. Thanks alot.
fredsdead

Postby discodad » Wed May 06, 2009 11:19 am

thx so much! works great!
discodad

Postby jaqb » Wed May 06, 2009 11:11 pm

I have updated the JAR. I'm now quite happy with parsing of imdb data. There are still some minor issues for instance If an actor plays multiple characters I only display the first character mentioned on imdb, this will be fixed soon... Thumbnails are also on my todo list but I have played with it a little and there might be some problem there...maybe someone (shagrath ;))can look at the code and help me with those thumbnails...anyway the new JAR can be found in the first post along with the source code. once again...sugestions are welcome
HD YouTube on PS3 -> PS3 Youtube :D Are you a F1 fan ? Check out F1Reader.com
jaqb

Postby Redlum » Thu May 07, 2009 11:25 am

Nice work, will have a look at this soon :)
Redlum
Project Member

Postby ExSport » Thu May 07, 2009 7:08 pm

What about to not render ### Movie info ### folder in case of missing .nfo file/imdb url 8-)
ExSport

Postby jaqb » Thu May 07, 2009 7:12 pm

ExSport wrote:What about to not render ### Movie info ### folder in case of missing .nfo file/imdb url 8-)

This would mean too much unwanted requests/internet acces etc...as every file would need to be scanned.
jaqb

Postby jaqb » Thu May 07, 2009 8:45 pm

I have just added support for thumbnails! :D It's now possible to view the poster of the movie and see the photos of the cast. I need to enter a directory to see the image. I have also fixed the bug that I previously mentioned where not all charactor of the actor were shown. Also some minor fixes have been made..

I was also trying to change the image of a directories but I dont think thats possible ... can anyone confirm that ? Also is it possible to remove the length of the video files ? so that it is not shown at all in xmb...

Looking forward to your feedback guys
jaqb

Postby fredsdead » Thu May 07, 2009 9:45 pm

I love the new update. It works great for me, I see the thumbnails fine, not just for the movie but the actors as well.
I have a question, is there a way for me to see my own IMDB scores? In another word, can i use this app to connect to my own IMDB user?

Thanks a lot again m8.

Edit1: It doesnt work on all my discs, just one, wonder why? I can see all IMDB results but the thumbnails on all discs, accept my first disc that I can see thumbnails.

Edit2: I´ve got 5 discs if it helps, not 5 discs but 2 discs @ 500 gigs each and 5 partitions.
fredsdead

Postby jaqb » Thu May 07, 2009 10:12 pm

fredsdead wrote:Edit1: It doesnt work on all my discs, just one, wonder why? I can see all IMDB results but the thumbnails on all discs, accept my first disc that I can see thumbnails.

Edit2: I´ve got 5 discs if it helps, not 5 discs but 2 discs @ 500 gigs each and 5 partitions.

Can u also post an example of a filename that reads fine and an one that doenst ? Please tell me also if there is any nfo file in the same folder.

fredsdead wrote:In another word, can i use this app to connect to my own IMDB user?

I can look in that...what is excacly the advantage of logging in ?

fredsdead wrote:Thanks a lot again m8.

No problem. Glad you like it.
jaqb

Postby shagrath » Thu May 07, 2009 11:15 pm

ok, now I'm impressed :mrgreen:
just tried the patch and it's really something, congrats for your work !!
I think it should be possible to use thumbnails rather than basic folder for imdb items though
shagrath
Project Lead

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins