MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Postby jaqb » Mon May 04, 2009 6:18 pm

Hi all ! I wanted to share my home made IMDB support with you :D I made a new folder next to (or rather above) Transcode folder and called it "movie info". In this folder u can see some most important imdb infos about the file u selected, such as TITLE, YEAR, RANKING, GENRE, PLOT,TAGLINE,DIRECTOR and CAST. But in order for it to work at best u should have the NFO file in the same folder (and name) as the video file, containing imdb movie ID. (most of my downloaded movie have such nfo file). I also automaticly download the nfo file from the internet and then when its not found I check the harddrive. When no nfo is found at all, movie title is imported from the file name (if possible) Any suggestions and/or changes are welcome, its a start but I know this can become huge :D lol Next thing on my todo list is to improve the parsing of the movie titles from the file names ..

I have just uploaded the compiled executable jar, all you have to do is download the file unzip it and replace the jar and MOVIEINFO.conf in PS3MS directory ( better make backup first)
You'll need to have the latest build Download it here

Features/Things to know
  • Movie name is pulled from the nfo file, if nfo file doesnt exist in the same directory as the video file,it will be downloaded from a website
  • If nfo file cant be find, movie name is pulled from file name.
  • If movie name cant be pulled from file name it will be pulled from the directory name.
  • Both file name and directory name are filtered with words specified in MOVIECONF.conf (more details in MOVIEINFO.conf)
  • Movie title,ranking, tagline, genre, cast and the director(s) are displayed in MOVIEINFO folder on the ps3.(or other clients)
  • You can see a thumbnail of the movie by clicking on the title 'folder', by clicking on the cast you can see the actor thumbnail.
  • Clicking on a thumbnail makes it go fullscreen (1sec video is made from one image, IMDB works best as many of the images are in HQ)
  • You can adjust how many actors to display on the screen by changing the 'NumberOfActors=' value in MOVIEINFO.conf
  • You can specify what movie infomation to display and in which order by changing the 'DisplayInfo=' value in MOVIEINFO.conf (more details in MOVIEINFO.conf)
  • You can enable or disable automatic download of covers by changing the 'Covers=' value in MOVIEINFO.conf(more details in MOVIEINFO.conf)
  • U can specify the length of the plot line by changing the 'Linelength=' value in MOVIEINFO.conf (more details in MOVIEINFO.conf)
  • If there are some unwanted/wrong characters displaying in the plot, you can replace them by adding a new 'CleanDisplay' line in MOVIEINFO.conf (more details in MOVIEINFO.conf)
  • Plugin support (see below)
  • You can enable disable plugins,and changing the order by changing the 'Plugins=' value in MOVIEINFO.conf (see blue text)
  • DVD support
  • (NEW)You can watch Movie Trailes in HD (NEW)
  • Media Library support
  • Correct characters in all supported languages
  • Tv shows support in most plugins (some websites dont contain tv shows)

At this moment there are eleven plugins available:
  • IMDB (English)
  • FILMWEB (Polish)
  • CSFB (Czech)
  • MOVIEMETER (Dutch)
  • ALLOCINE (French)
  • MYMOVIES (Italian)
  • OFDB (German)
  • FILMDELTA (Swedish)
  • SENSACINE (Spanish)
  • ONFILM (Danish)
  • KINOPOISK (Russian)

In MOVIEINFO.conf you can enable and disable the plugins.
By default all plugins are enabled, but this can get really slow,thats why it's recommended that u enable ONLY the plugins you are going to use!!
If you for example want to use IMDB and MOVIEMETER plugin, edit "Plugins=" line in MOVIEINFO.conf in the following way: Plugins=IMDB,MOVIEMETER
(I recommend leaving IMDB plugin always on, as it supports actors and their thumbnails)

old updates:
Code: Select all
Update 6 May 2009
I reverse the order of getting the nfo file...now movie directory is first then the internet
Now I also search the whole file name (handy when filename is a movie ie. "usual suspects.avi" and no nfo file is available)
Changed how the plot summary is being cut to fit on tv
Full cast is now shown along with their characters.

Update 7 May 2009
Thumbnails support added ! just enter the title folder or any of the cast directory

Update 8 May 2009
No More random numbers in text and url. Thanks to this fix, parsing is close to perfection
Better Tv Show Detection
Support for hexadecimal charactes from html

Update 11 May 2009
slightly improve Moviename detection from filename
Added (internal) plugin support. ( 3 plugins atm -> IMDB,CSFD(Czech) and FILMWEB(Polish) )
Added MOVIEINFO.conf (config file in PMS root directory)
Added Tv resolution support for displaying Plot (can be changed in MOVIEINFO.conf ->Linelength)
Number of cast to display can now also be changed in MOVIEINFO.conf
Plugins can be switch on or off in MOVIEINFO.conf
Websites are now decoded in UTF-8
Temporary files deleted at exit

Update 12 May 2009
slightly improve Moviename detection from filename (depends on what u add to the filter)
Added a filter for words in filename (words can be added in MOVIEINFO.conf, filtered words will be removed from filename, filter is case insensitive)
Added the ability to replace the Strings that are displayed on the TV (replace method in MOVIEINFO.conf)
Ratings stars are now rounded up (rating of 6,6 becomes 7 stars)
Improved filename filter (different syntax in MOVIEINFO.conf, so replace old conf with this new one)
Added parsing of Genre for CSFD plugin
Filter now works for all filenames
Nfo is now also searched for (plugin's) links if imdb url doesnt exist in nfo file.

Update 13 May 2009
Added retrieval of movie title from directory when everything else fails

Update 15 May 2009
Added DVD support.(first it search for nfo file in the same directory (& same name) as .iso or VIDEO_TS, then it searches for filename, then the directory name)
Added support for short CSFD links in nfo files.
Added support for short FILMWEB links in google search.
Added MOVIEMETER (Dutch) Plugin.
Added thumbnails for CSFD,FILMWEB and MOVIEMETER
Improved support for CSFD' movie details

Update 16 May 2009
Improved search for tvshows in CSFD and FILMWEB
Http request is now encoded in UTF-8
Improved movie search for FILMWEB
Improved filename 'cleanup'
Added ALLOCINE (French) Plugin

Update 19 May 2009
Thumbnails are now clickable..and go fullscreen!(there are weird issues with displaying some thumbnails  )
Fixed a bug with imdb (imdb is now slightly faster when nfo file is found)
Added CharSets to plugins (ALLOCINE displays french characters correctly now)
Based on r335
Update 19 May 2009 UPDATE
Fixed the issue with fullscreen thumbnails (all thumbnails are displaying correctly now in fullscreen  )
Added MYMOVIE (Italian) Plugin
Added OFDB (German) Plugin
Added FILMDELTA (Swedish) Plugin
Added SENSACINE (Spanish) Plugin

Update 21 May 2009
Added better plot support for FILMWEB and OFDB plugins (full plot is now imported from a subpage)
Added ONFILM (Danish) Plugin

Update 26 May 2009
Added MOVIEINFO support in Media Library
Fixed bugs in OFDB, FILMWEB, FILMDELTA and ALLOCINE plugins
KINOPOISK (Russian) Plugin added It is recommended when using this plugin to set "linelength" in MOVIEINFO.CONF to "55"
Update 27 May 2009
Fixed FILMWEB issues (added cookies, Plot should be displaying correctly now)
Added tv show search support for KINOPOISK
Fixed a bug when converting hexadecimal html notation to letters
Added KINOPOISK plugin (for real this time :P, I realized it wasnt included in the previous update)

Update 28 May 2009
Fixed a bug with DVD support in MediaLibrary
Fixed a bug in FILMWEB plugin
Fixed a bug with TV show support for KINOPOISK plugin (may have broken other things, but its now fixed)

Update 14 June 2009
You can now change what movie info to display and in which order. (see MOVIEINFO.conf for more info)
Based on r344

Update 15 June 2009
Added automatic downloading of covers (can be disabled in MOVIEINFO.conf)

Update 17 June 2009
Fixed DVD support
based on r345

Update 29 June 2009
Fixed bug with multiple urls in nfo files.
Removed cover retrieval in MediaLibrary (no more errors, it wasnt working anyway)
based on r346

[u]Update 3 July 2009[/u]
Added support for http gzip compression (>20% speedup ?)
Improved recognition of HTML tags
By default only IMDB plugin in enable. (you can enable other plugins manually if you want, see MOVIEINFO.conf for more details)
Based on r347

[u]Update 16 July 2009 update[/u]
Added Trailers for IMDB plugin only. (I'm forcing transcoding to [b]mencoder[/b] , trailer is streamed from youtube in HD if available  8-)  or HQ  :mrgreen: . you can access trailer from "title" folder)

latest updates:

Update 27 July 2009
Added optional Age Rating category for IMDB (can be enabled in MOVIEINFO.conf under Display=)
Movie covers are now being downloaded from the first plugin.

Update 17 August 2009
Fixed bug with the latest r356

Update 31 August 2009
Fixed some bugs. (Youtube trailers are fixed now, also some other fixes)
Added two sources for youtube trailers (youtube.com (always HD) and google.com (can be HD or SD))
Added a tag in front of the trailer name. ([HD] or [SD])
Change trailer name to the original video name from youtube (instead of the movie title)

Update 14 December 2009
Quick Fix IMDB plugin
Movie Info JAR updated

Just unzip 'MovieInfo JAR 14122009.zip' into the plugins directory in PS3 Media Server folder. You must have revision 348 or up. Get it here
New updated JAR file (MovieInfo JAR 14122009.zip)(Plugin Only) Download Here (NEW)
If after u click 'Download Here' the download doesnt start automatically, just try again :D
New updated main executable JAR file (pms02092009.zip)(based on 358 revision)Download Here
MAC OSX USERS , grab the OSX Compatible file from: http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2126&start=150#p10265
Attachments
MovieInfo SourceCode 31082009.zip
(31.19 KiB) Downloaded 2772 times
MovieInfo SourceCode 17082009.zip
(29.67 KiB) Downloaded 544 times
MovieInfo SourceCode 27072009.zip
(29.68 KiB) Downloaded 667 times
Last edited by jaqb on Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 128 times in total.
HD YouTube on PS3 -> PS3 Youtube :D Are you a F1 fan ? Check out F1Reader.com
jaqb

Re: IMDB Support

Postby jaqb » Mon May 04, 2009 7:43 pm

If I wasnt quite clear above..this is how it looks like:
Attachments
ttod.jpg
ttod.jpg (85.15 KiB) Viewed 126281 times
ttod1.jpg
ttod1.jpg (46.61 KiB) Viewed 126264 times
IMG_8709-small.jpg
IMG_8709-small.jpg (86.99 KiB) Viewed 129927 times
Last edited by jaqb on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
jaqb

Postby WorldOfHurt » Mon May 04, 2009 9:07 pm

Nice idea.

What about generating all that plot summary text as an image file instead? Ok, you wouldn't have it all listed in the XMB, you would have to view the generated image file, but it would mean less info on screen.

Just a suggestion... ;)
WorldOfHurt

Postby Flak » Mon May 04, 2009 11:43 pm

On a windows install where would these files go?

Thanks
-Flak
Flak

Postby jaqb » Mon May 04, 2009 11:54 pm

WorldOfHurt wrote:Nice idea.

What about generating all that plot summary text as an image file instead? Ok, you wouldn't have it all listed in the XMB, you would have to view the generated image file, but it would mean less info on screen.

Just a suggestion... ;)

I think there is enough space on screen...and text as an image is waaaay to complicated for me :P

Flak wrote:On a windows install where would these files go?

U need to compile those files. There are other threads(somewhere) on how to compile and patch the sourcecode.
jaqb

Postby discodad » Tue May 05, 2009 1:04 pm

i love the idea, but have no clue how to compile (and couldn't find any thread helping me). Any chance for some help?

Thx!

discodad
discodad

Postby jaqb » Tue May 05, 2009 1:06 pm

discodad wrote:i love the idea, but have no clue how to compile (and couldn't find any thread helping me). Any chance for some help?

Thx!

discodad

I have just compiled the jar for people like you :D Check my first post
jaqb

Postby ExSport » Tue May 05, 2009 7:43 pm

Tried your patch applied to r330 on Windows and....
Code: Select all
[pool-11-thread-1] TRACE 20:41:45.583 Exception in thread "pool-11-thread-1" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
[pool-11-thread-1] TRACE 20:41:45.584    at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Arrays.java:2882)
[pool-11-thread-1] TRACE 20:41:45.584    at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(AbstractStringBuilder.java:100)
[pool-11-thread-1] TRACE 20:41:45.584    at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(AbstractStringBuilder.java:390)
[pool-11-thread-1] TRACE 20:41:45.585    at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java:224)
[pool-11-thread-1] TRACE 20:41:45.585    at java.io.StringWriter.write(StringWriter.java:84)
[pool-11-thread-1] TRACE 20:41:45.589    at net.pms.dlna.FileMovieInfoVirtualFolder.nfoFromNewleech(FileMovieInfoVirtualFolder.java:166)
[pool-11-thread-1] TRACE 20:41:45.589    at net.pms.dlna.FileMovieInfoVirtualFolder.resolve(FileMovieInfoVirtualFolder.java:227)
[pool-11-thread-1] TRACE 20:41:45.589    at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource$1.run(DLNAResource.java:375)
[pool-11-thread-1] TRACE 20:41:45.590    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
[pool-11-thread-1] TRACE 20:41:45.590    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
[pool-11-thread-1] TRACE 20:41:45.590    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Anyway seems promissing 8-)
ExSport

Postby jaqb » Tue May 05, 2009 8:44 pm

exSport wrote:Tried your patch applied to r330 on Windows and....

Try my new updated patch. see my first post
BTW u can also download the whole JAR its also based on r330.
jaqb

Postby jhovesen » Wed May 06, 2009 3:01 am

jaqb wrote:New updated JAR file (based on 330 revision) ftp://user:""@r17968.ovh.net/pms.zip

Sweet!!!! This should be integrated into the official build IMHO. Very very nice.
jhovesen

Next

Return to Additions and Plugins