Bug in latest Mac Version... Devs please have a look!

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Bug in latest Mac Version... Devs please have a look!

Postby NonBorn » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:48 pm

I recently found a bug of the program while trying to make things work like I wanted... I found out that when my content(videos) is not in the main drive that I have my Leopard installed, I cannot get DTS sound and I cannot resume if I quit the video.

For example...

Lets say Leopard is installed in Raptor drive with label: Leopard
All my video files(FULL HD) are in another drive with label: Videos
When a movie is in "Videos" disk I cannot get DTS sound when I play it in my PS3 and I cannot resume the movie If I quit it from ps3. BUT when I move the the same movie in the "Leopard" disk I can have DTS and resume feature through PS3.


I dont know if I am the only one with this problem but can you check this out? Its really strange whats happening... If you need more infos just let me know!
NonBorn
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:44 pm

Re: Bug in latest Mac Version... Devs please have a look!

Postby NonBorn » Sat May 02, 2009 1:28 pm

I also discovered that when the second disk is used for streaming (storage in the example before) I cannot get from ps3 proper movie length in minutes. I always get 0:00.000 as duration and cannot search the movie. If the same movie is in the first disk everything is fine...

Could it be something with filesystems or the way we add disk in sharing properties in ps3mediaserver?
NonBorn
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:44 pm

Re: Bug in latest Mac Version... Devs please have a look!

Postby Gigabit » Sat May 02, 2009 4:19 pm

i have my media stored on a usb drive hooked up to a apple basestation and i dont have any problems with dts cant say about resume the only button i press is pause to get other beer during the movie. :)

DTS works every time
Gigabit
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:26 pm

Re: Bug in latest Mac Version... Devs please have a look!

Postby NonBorn » Sat May 02, 2009 5:47 pm

I found the solution... The actual problem was that my folders' names in the second drive were not in english. I dont know if this is a problem of ps3mediaserver or PS3 itself. When I renamed the folders everything worked as it should. Thanks for your help! By the way the names were in greek, just for the record.
NonBorn
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:44 pm

Re: Bug in latest Mac Version... Devs please have a look!

Postby cheule » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:48 am

Glad you found the solution. Just for the record, if you ever have weirdness like this, a good thing to try is exactly what you did; removal of all non-standard characters and even spaces from volume and path names. I've seen in the past that apps in folders like "Video Encoder" might have problems until you rename the folder "Video_Encoder." This is usually a bug in the unix apps inside the Mac app bundle.
cheule
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:18 am


Return to Mac OS X Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests