unable to stream...

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

unable to stream...

Postby scales11 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:49 am

Hi all. First off, i love the program, in windows it works perfectly. In linux however, i am having some trouble. I am running Ubuntu 9.04, and have no problem running the program, it detects my ps3, i can even browse my videos, trouble is that when i try and play any of my mp4 files, i just get data corrupt errors and avi files give me a file not found error. I have compiled and installed the codecs as instructed. I know that my files are correctly formatted for my ps3, cause they all work in windows, but for some reason i am not so lucky in linux. any ideas? where i can start to troubleshoot this?
scales11

Re: unable to stream...

Postby scales11 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:15 pm

whoohoo. i did it! so i am not quite sure what the problem was, but basically i removed all the extra codes from totem, removed vlc did the autoclean, clean, autoremove thing. then i installed mencoder, and ffmpeg (apt-get install mencoder ffmpeg) and suddenly all works! cant quite explain why but all is good. Love the program!
scales11

Return to Linux/Unix Support