Anyone tried Denon AVR-X3000?

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Anyone tried Denon AVR-X3000?

Postby taconaut » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:01 am

As my AV receiver has got some issues, I'm thinking about buying the Denon AVR-X3000. As my current receiver hasn't got any HDMI, I currently only use HDMI to connect the ps3 with the TV; the audio signal is being sent through an optical connection to the receiver.

• Has anyone tried the X3000 or X4000?
  • Does the receiver work as a renderer through DLNA?
  • Does the DTS path through work the same way through HDMI as it does through the optical connection?
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Re: Anyone tried Denon AVR-X3000?

Postby IainBell » Sat May 24, 2014 10:05 pm

I have a Denon AVR-X3000 (purchased in the UK) working with PMS 1.90.1 running under Linux.

It plays back stereo FLAC and MP3 files successfully. I don't have any audio files with more channels than that to test with. Although the ability to pause which the amplifier says it offers doesn't work. Whether that is the fault of PMS or just the firmware on the amplifier promising more than it can deliver I don't know because I haven't tried using any other DLNA servers.

Displaying images doesn't appear to work although the amplifier supports showing images from some of the on-line image hosting sites. The manual does mention playing back images from a DLNA server.

There doesn't appear to be any support for video via DLNA.

Not sure about the DTS path through optical and HDMI being the same but DTS plays successfully through HDMI. I was watching a concert on Blu-Ray the other night where the audio track was in 5.1 96kHz DTS-HD Master Audio.
IainBell

Re: Anyone tried Denon AVR-X3000?

Postby taconaut » Mon May 26, 2014 8:25 am

Thanks for the reply! I've received the X3000 a week ago and am very happy with it. I only use pms to stream video (audio goes through a set of Logitech SqueezeBoxes). Passing DTS through HDMI works flawlessly, but I still use the ps3 as a renderer, as I got issues with both the receiver and my Philips DLNA-capable TV.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Return to General Discussion