Can't Play MEncoder Files!

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Can't Play MEncoder Files!

Postby JohnnyQTips » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums and I have a problem that I would really appreciate some help with.

I use PMS 1.90.1 on my mac Mavericks OSX with my Xbox 360 and its worked 100% up until yesterday. It usually worked best with .avi so whenever I had a movie or tv show under any other format (.mkv) I would convert it to .avi using a program called "Free mp4 Coverter" (converts anything) found in the app store. The files then played perfectly until yesterday so I tried playing a few other files and I noticed that most of the files also had a [MEncoder Video] tag on it and when I tried to play a file that was .mp4 that didn't require converting it played just fine so now I am sure it has a problem playing these "MEncoder Videos."

I searched the forums for solutions and one person suggested downgrading to version 1.82.0 so I did that and the files did play but it required me to download Java, it lost connection with my computer often, and it wouldn't let me fastforward or anything so playing files became a struggle.

The only thing I can think of that changed recently was I did a security update on my mac but I'm not sure how that would be connected.

Please excuse my noobness but I would appreciate any help.

Thank You
JohnnyQTips

Re: Can't Play MEncoder Files!

Postby JohnnyQTips » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:55 pm

I can provide any additional details required!
JohnnyQTips

Return to Mac OS X Support