Public Jenkins instance

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

Re: Public Jenkins instance

Postby meskibob » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:47 am

FAQ documentation updated, as well as the first post of this thread. Thanks again, smo.
Any luck setting up the Jenkins instance taconaut?
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby taconaut » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:34 am

After seeing your message I've set up a Jenkins instance. It's not ideal, as it runs on a machine in my flat and I can't guarantee 100% up time, but it's the best I can offer :)

Some infos valid for all built projects:
OS: Win7 x64 (windows installers are also being built now)
Java: 7u51
Maven: 3.0.5 (more recent versions throw an exception when trying to generate the javadoc)
Max up speed: 10Mbit/s
Build triggers: once a day for the nightly builds, on commit for the others

URL: http://ps3mediaserver-ci.hopto.org:9999 (no-ip redirect)

Hope it will work fine and be useful :)

[edit] having found this page http://developer.cloudbees.com/bin/view ... mousAccess describing how to grant anonymous read access to cloudbees I'll try to set up an instance over there and will report back with the results.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby taconaut » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:00 pm

I've set up another's instance here https://taconaut.ci.cloudbees.com. You still need to log into cloudbees though. Can anyone confirm you can see the projects? As I'm the admin I can't test it.. And it's unable to build pms-mlx nightly because of an out of memory exception.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby taconaut » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:26 am

For cloudbees I had missed a step in the chapter flipping the switch; now, the Jenkins instance is public and it looks like a good solution to me. What do you think?
To have a nice URL we could create a ps3mediaserver user who would be the admin.
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chocolateboy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:17 am

Looks good. Thanks for adding PMSEncoder! And thanks to smo for all his work on the original site.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby taconaut » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:56 am

No worries, you're welcome.
Now there is a big red warning message mentioning: 'You are over your build minutes limit for this month. Your subscription includes 100 linux standard minutes a month, and you have consumed 435 minutes.'
This is mainly due to the pms-mlx nightly build having been stuck for two hours. I'll remove it from the list of projects being built to avoid this happening again.
Does a GitHub user ps3mediaserver exist? Or is it only the group name? I'd suggest configuring Jenkins for this user to have https://ps3mediaserver.ci.cloudbees.com as a URL.
taconaut
Project Member

Previous

Return to Developers