Can I Force use of FFmpeg for M2TS file on PS3

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Can I Force use of FFmpeg for M2TS file on PS3

Postby SpeedAddict81 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:13 pm

Hello all, I just got a PS3 and found this wonderful media sever which allows me to use DVD and Blu-Ray rips, as well as mkv files on the PS3. I've searched the forum for answers to some questions, but did not find them.

I am using a quad Core 3.0 gHz Intel PC with 4GB RAM and Win 7 64bit Professional
PMS version 1.72.0
Renderer = PS3

I have moved FFMpeg to the top of my transcode list, saved, and restarted the server, however, when I go to my STREAM folder on a blu-ray rip the MEncode version is still listed (and will not play), I have to enter the #Transcode# folder to find the FFMpeg transcode, which plays fine. Is there somewhere outside the GUI I can force use of TSmuxer or FFmpeg? I poked around in my Ps3.conf but did not see anywhere to change the transcoding engine.

I don't care about subtitles (unless they are burned in/forced) how do I set that through the GUI, aside from the "Don't display subtitles" check box?

I will try adding .m2ts as a forced transcode type and see what happens. When I set it to force stream .m2ts I get good video, but I think only ac3 audio tracks (which happen to not include English on most of my Blu-ray rips).

My other question is, can I set PMS up to skip short videos or files less than a certain size?

Thanks in advance.
SpeedAddict81

Re: Can I Force use of FFmpeg for M2TS file on PS3

Postby SpeedAddict81 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:49 pm

Ok, my first problem appears to have been solved by quiting and restarting PMS, my 'preferred' transcoder is now listed with the file name.
SpeedAddict81

Re: Can I Force use of FFmpeg for M2TS file on PS3

Postby tcarpent » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:06 pm

This was helpful. Restarting server does not work, but exiting and going back in fixed! I also have to force ffmpeg because mencoder fails with mkvs for me.
tcarpent

Return to General Help and Support