pms-mlx (13-12-04 v1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: pms-mlx (13-12-04 v1.0)

Postby taconaut » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:02 am

Hey,
I've applied a fix, which I suppose will fix the issue you're describing when using %audio_languages (and %subtitle_languages) in the mask. Could you please check with the latest snapshot build if it is fixed? If it is not, please check the log after the error occurred and post the exception here.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:27 am

Hi
sorry for the long delay,

nope sorry the version 1.01 of pms-mlx is buggy , with this version i cannot play any content he plays the video for 5Min an than he always jumps forward and back.
He can not play a Video correct and the error with the mask is still there.

If you want i build a log with this version or i will do that with the old version :)

Regards,
Jan
chach

Postby chach » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi taconaut,

so i am back.

3 Questions :)
1. Is there a way to Increment the Playing number of an video with the Playstation 3 only ?
2. Can I sort many Videos with the condition "Last imported" anyway ?
3. Have you found a way that i can use tsMuxer with pms-mlx ?

sorry many Questions hehe
nice weekend.
Regards,
Jan
chach

Postby taconaut » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:10 pm

Hey,
Sorry for being so slow, but I've been busy otherwise..

nope sorry the version 1.01 of pms-mlx is buggy , with this version i cannot play any content he plays the video for 5Min an than he always jumps forward and back.
He can not play a Video correct and the error with the mask is still there.

As nothing has changed regarding streaming for this version, I suspect this issue to be due to the memory load used by pms. Try increasing the Xmx value a bit (check the FAQ for explanation).

Is there a way to Increment the Playing number of an video with the Playstation 3 only ?

Yes, play it :p You can also adapt how much of a file (in %) has to be played in order to count it as played. Besides that there is no other way from the ps3.

Can I sort many Videos with the condition "Last imported" anyway ?

I can't check in the app right now. If I remember correctly, you can sort by Date imported and date last updated.

Have you found a way that i can use tsMuxer with pms-mlx ?

Nope, still haven't investigated this one, sorry :/ I've still got your logs though. I still would like someone else more knowledgeable about the transcoding stuff to have a look at it, as I'm pretty lost in this layer. The goal of mlx always was and is to only change the way files are being displayed and not to change the way they are being transcoded.

Cheers :)
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Fri May 16, 2014 10:45 am

Hi Taconaut,
Sorry for reply so Late, i am busy at work.

I have only one bug with tsmuxer he cannot Stream any content , this is stupid because i cannot stream mkvs correctly he stuttering every time with PMS without MLX its ok but he can´t Increment the Playing Count :(
here i found a Post is this maybe the Problem: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17105

So i have to use PMS and PMS-MLX :( i hope sometime i have to use only one Programm.

Many Cheers and thanks for the programm,
Jan
chach

Postby killa339 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:31 am

Any chance of a new link to the snapshot build? It seems to be 404ing and I'd be interested in taking a snapshot build for a whirl. Thanks again for all your hardwork, taconaut.
killa339

Postby taconaut » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:26 am

@chach
I'm usually using mencoder and have no problems with it. You could try replacing the tsmuxer.exe with another version to see if it solves your problem.

@killa339
Sure, you can get it here: https://taconaut.ci.cloudbees.com/job/p ... ng/target/
taconaut
Project Member

Postby tonyv138 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:09 pm

Hello, a noob here.
Read the forum, but can not find my answers - web plugin related. Can not find how to activate the web streaming on PMS-MLX. Running on Win Vista. Installed, placed web.conf into the profile directory. Logs indicate that it has been read by PMS-MTX, yet PS3 does not show any WEB folders. I can see the server itself with Video, Audio and Picture folders though.

Pls, help, point me to the right reading area.

Thanks.

PS. I also tried PMS 1.90.1, I can see webfolders, and PS3 does transcode with VLC, but not LPCM. I do have loaded latest FFMPEG into the file folder
tonyv138

Postby taconaut » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:54 pm

You have to add a web folder by right-clicking onto the folder you want to add it to and enter the path to the web.config file you want to use and it's supposed to work (haven't tested it for ages).
taconaut
Project Member

Postby tonyv138 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:32 am

Thanks for a quick answer
Perhaps I do not understand what you have suggested... I am trying to get WEB.Conf to work and have Web with streaming radios/videos show up on XMB.

I tried to use web.conf file that came with PMS-MLX, and none of the streams defined in the folder, nor web folder sow up on my PS3 xmb...

Thanks again, Tony
tonyv138

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds