Glitchy mouse while PSM is running

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Glitchy mouse while PSM is running

Postby ros256 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:20 am

Hey all, awesome product. I've been using PMS for about a month now quite happily. However I've had some strange mouse behavior since I installed it, which I have traced back to PMS.

Quite simply, the mouse cursor periodically jumps down to the bottom right corner, near the system tray.

The problem only occurs while I have PMS running. To verify it is PMS causing the problem, I opened Task Manager and produced normal mouse movements. After a short period of time, the mouse cursor jumped, and I watched pms.exe jump to near the top of the list in Task Manager, ordered by CPU utilization.

I can reliably reproduce the problem while PMS is running.
I have not been able to reproduce the problem without PMS running.

The cursor jump does not appear to be random, as it always moves to the same place, near the system tray.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit with a quad-core processor and 8GB of RAM. It does not appear to be performance-related. I am using a corded USB mouse, so I doubt it is an interference issue. I have a wired connection to the network. I have also run a full antivirus scan and malwarebytes scan (as I thought this behavior typical of a virus, keylogger or similar), but they came up clean. I am running PSM v1.90.1 (build from 2013-08-17, which appears to be the latest).

Other than this minor mouse glitch, the software works as expected and does a great job streaming media to my PS3, but this glitch is really bugging me. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
ros256

Re: Glitchy mouse while PSM is running

Postby ros256 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:05 pm

Well, I should have read the "Problem Reporting Guidelines" first, my apologies, as the solution appears to have been a java update. I was running Java 7 Update 21. I updated to Java 7 Update 51 (the latest at the time of this posting), and I have not been able to reproduce the problem since.
ros256

Return to General Help and Support