pms-mlx (13-12-04 v1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: pms-mlx (13-12-04 v1.0)

Postby taconaut » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:20 am

Hi scotster,

You should be able to configure pms-mlx for your needs and the number of files shouldn't be an issue either. For the movies it should be pretty simple, for the series it might require some more manual configuration depending on how you'd like the files to show up.

I'd do it like that:

Movies:
- In the tree view, add folder called Movies in the Video folder and set a condition 'folder path starts with G'. This way, only files located on your G drive will show up.
- Uncheck 'Show videos' for this folder to avoid having to show all 900 files in this folder (it would take ages).
- Right-click on the created Movies folder -> Add Auto folder -> with Movie property = Genre. This will add a folder for every genre you've got in the library
- Add whatever other folders you'd like to have in there :)

Series:
If you've imported file properties for series with the TheTVDB import plugin and chose to import the SeriesName property, you can proceed the same way as described for the movies.
- Create a 'Series' folder without condition and with sort by SortName ascending
- Uncheck 'Show videos' for this folder.
- Right-click on the created Series folder -> Add Auto folder -> with Tag = SeriesName.
This way you'll have a folder for each series, containing all episodes of the serie, where the episodes will be sorted in ascending order.

Hope this helps :)
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:37 pm

Hiho, i think still it is ok when i say Happy New Year :)

and any news about the problem with tsmuxer and the others on my Post from Sun Dec 15 2013 10:11 am ?
although tsmuxer is a great problem for me. I cannot show 1080p Videos with DTS Sound on my renderer without this engine the Videos stuttering.
I have the Problem only with PMS-MLX. Is this on your Renderer ok ? can you use the engine tsmuxer with PMS-MLX ?

Regards,
Jan
chach

Postby taconaut » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Haven't forgotten about your issues but haven't had time to open the code again.
I'm not sure which engine I usually use (I'd tend to say it's mencoder) with which I haven't got any issues lately. Usually I also use a DTS audio stream. I'll add this check to my todo list.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby scotster » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:58 am

taconaut wrote:Hi scotster,

You should be able to configure pms-mlx for your needs and the number of files shouldn't be an issue either. For the movies it should be pretty simple, for the series it might require some more manual configuration depending on how you'd like the files to show up.

I'd do it like that:

Movies:
- In the tree view, add folder called Movies in the Video folder and set a condition 'folder path starts with G'. This way, only files located on your G drive will show up.
- Uncheck 'Show videos' for this folder to avoid having to show all 900 files in this folder (it would take ages).
- Right-click on the created Movies folder -> Add Auto folder -> with Movie property = Genre. This will add a folder for every genre you've got in the library
- Add whatever other folders you'd like to have in there :)

Series:
If you've imported file properties for series with the TheTVDB import plugin and chose to import the SeriesName property, you can proceed the same way as described for the movies.
- Create a 'Series' folder without condition and with sort by SortName ascending
- Uncheck 'Show videos' for this folder.
- Right-click on the created Series folder -> Add Auto folder -> with Tag = SeriesName.
This way you'll have a folder for each series, containing all episodes of the serie, where the episodes will be sorted in ascending order.

Hope this helps :)

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. I just got around to giving this a go and I've stumbled at the first hurdle.

Firstly I went into the Tree view and Deleted everything.
I then added a folder called "Videos" and set folder type to "Videos" and unticked "Show Videos"
I then added a folder called "Movies", unticked "Show Videos" and added the "G" condition.
At this point the "Videos" folder disappeared and all I was left with was "Root" and "Movies", but I carried on regardless.
I then added an Auto Folder with movie property Genre.
Nothing showed up so I edited the folder and set "Show videos" to true.

I didn't get a folder for every genre, I simply got every movie I have listed in alphabetical order. Not sure where I have gone wrong? Do I need to set the individual movie properties to list their genre in the tag data or something?
scotster

Postby scotster » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:43 pm

Just tried with series too. Added a managed drive, selected plugins, selected "Series Name", started a scan then added the Series folder. When I add the Auto folder I select tag, but the second selection is empty. I can't select "Series Name" for it to auto sort.
scotster

Postby scotster » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:31 pm

Stuck with it all day, using trial and error and I eventually got it working, almost, as described.

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of the series are missing from my list. Is there a certain way I should be naming them in order for it to be picked up on IMDB? Also, is there a way of adding them to the series list manually if they still aren't picked up?

This is actually starting to look ideal for me, can see how much work has gone into this as it's so feature packed! Well done :)
scotster

Postby taconaut » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:42 am

No worries for late replies, currently I haven't got a lot of spare time to deticate to this project and I'm pretty slow in replying as well.

As I'm not sure which issues you've figured out by yourself, I'm just going to answer your last question
One thing I've noticed is that a lot of the series are missing from my list. Is there a certain way I should be naming them in order for it to be picked up on IMDB? Also, is there a way of adding them to the series list manually if they still aren't picked up?

Yes, for the TVDB import plugin the folder structure and file name are very important. It has to look like this:
.../<SeriesName>/<SeasonName>/xxx-s<SeasonNumber>e<EpisodeNumber>.yyy
e.g. /Simpsons/Season 1/s01e01.avi

Don't hesitate to ask if you can't figure out how to configure some things.
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:39 am

Hi Taconaut,

is there a way to set the thumbnail that is loaded by the plugin TMDB or TTVDB to max. 65KB (min. details) because my renderer Sony Bravia TV HX855 can only display <65KB Thumbnails :(

And have you already found a solution for tsmuXer ? sorry for this question i have read that you have not a lot of spare times for this project.
I think this problem has already exists on older Official releases but i am not sure.

Regards,
Jan
chach

Postby taconaut » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:43 am

Hi :)

chach wrote:is there a way to set the thumbnail that is loaded by the plugin TMDB or TTVDB to max. 65KB (min. details) because my renderer Sony Bravia TV HX855 can only display <65KB Thumbnails :(

No, there isn't. It could be added but I rather think the max width would be made configurable (as for the IMDB plugin).
For now, you've got following possibilities.
  • The easiest is to select all files for which you want to change the cover in the library view -> right click -> edit -> go to the Cover tab and drop the cover you want to use. WARNING: when I quickly tested this for a series I got an exception and it didn't work (need to investigate the NullPointerException).
  • Check the image path for the files you want to change the cover for by displaying them in the library view and displaying the 'Cover path' column. Then replace the covers in your file system.
  • Edit each single file, drop the cover you want to use.

And have you already found a solution for tsmuXer ? sorry for this question i have read that you have not a lot of spare times for this project.
I think this problem has already exists on older Official releases but i am not sure.

I haven't taken the time to look into this, sorry :/
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:14 pm

HI there,

My way: I use Preview of MacOS and save the Image with lower Details.
The only Problem with this is i have to click on many files, thank you for the others ways.

no problem, in the moment i use the Official Build of PMS for a movie with tsmuxer and your PMS-MLX without for series but it where great when i can use in the future only one Programm :)
I love the Media Library i can build and update my structure, delete or move a File. I know no other Tool with this functionality.

Apropos: can i set the Play Count Watcher for a Video that i have already "1" back to "0" without to delete the File and reimport ?

Thanks for this *schleim*
Jan
chach

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds