Issues with bit rate or for that matter lack of.

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Issues with bit rate or for that matter lack of.

Postby Demonshaw15 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:51 pm

Ok so I recently downloaded PMS and followed some basic tutorials on how to set it up (also tried default settings getting this same issue) Both my ps3 and my computer are wireless but for the longest time when i've used my computer or ps3 for something my internet is fairly fast (higher than average speeds in england) but for some reason when I attempt to watch something on my ps3 through PMS my bit rate stays at around 2-5 (from what i read you need like 10-20 for it to even begin playing on the ps3) and sometimes it just drops to 0 freezes then about 2 minutes later attempt again at around 2-5..... a little help would be nice, I'm gonna try a wired connection for both just in case but for now I'd just like some of the publics opinions. Thanks. - Lee
Demonshaw15

Re: Issues with bit rate or for that matter lack of.

Postby meskibob » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:13 pm

The wireless bandwidth is shared across all devices on that wireless band. That's why you're seeing such low bitrates when communicating between the PC and PS3.
Follow the FAQ for stuttering - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=41214#p42818
As noted in the FAQ, wired connections are best, and if you can only wire either the PC or the PS3, then wire the PS3.
If you need to stick with wireless, try isolating the PC and PS3 to different bands (if you have a dualband router).
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support