Time for a name & icon change? Suggestions

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Time for a name & icon change? Suggestions

Postby dragondaw » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:02 am

PS3 Media Server is a great program. I tip my hats to whoever works on it. What isn't so great is the name and the icon, not only are they a lawsuit waiting to happen they also don't show the growth the program over the last few months. Just read the following device support list:

DEVICE SUPPORT
Sony PlayStation 3
Microsoft XBOX 360
Sony Bravia
Google Android
Freebox HD
Freecom MusicPal
Pioneer Kuro
Nokia N900
Philips Aurea
Philips Net TV
Popcorn Hour
Asus O!Play
Xtreamer
AC Ryan PlayOn!HD
Brite-view CinemaTube
Samsung TVs
Philips Streamium
Western Digital WD TV Live
XBMC Media Center
Boxee

I would love to toss some ideas for a new icons but I'm not much of a graphic designer. So I turn my attention to a name. 'Media Server' would be the obvious choice, but too many problems come up when you do a google search for that term. I'll let you google and see for yourself. It could get confusing. I would suggest something original that embodies all of the devices and all of the features of this amazing program.

My suggestions are ' Portal: Media Server' or do what XBOX Media Center did and shorten (ie. xbmc) to PSXMS/PXMS/PX: Media Center and/or Server.

I would love to hear what others have to say about the icon and name. What would you rename 'ps3ms' too? How about some icon designs for your new name (or others you see in this post. Make some icons if you can).
dragondaw

Re: Time for a name & icon change? Suggestions

Postby endymion » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:18 am

Play Media Server

It would still show its roots from the PS3 (PLAYstation).
endymion

Return to Feature Suggestions