Vizio Smart TV

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Vizio Smart TV

Postby Ranger187 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:40 pm

Again, thanks for the info, but it's of no use to my troubleshooting.
Ranger187

Postby Jackie1 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:53 pm

Please let us all know when you can get mp4's (avc/aac) and .avi (mpeg4-divx5/mp3) to stream properly without tv locking up and giving errors. As of now, that's how TvMobili has fixed the issue
Jackie1

Postby Ranger187 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:55 pm

I already have.
Ranger187

Postby Jackie1 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:08 pm

Have the creators of this program updated it so when a new user comes in to download it, all these files will stream correctly on their vizo?
Jackie1

Postby Jackie1 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:29 pm

Jackie1 wrote:Have the creators of this program updated it so when a new user comes in to download it, all these files will stream correctly on their vizo?

And do you still have to wait 5 min for your files to play?
Jackie1

Postby jackarbiter » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:55 pm

Jackie1 wrote:
Jackie1 wrote:Have the creators of this program updated it so when a new user comes in to download it, all these files will stream correctly on their vizo?

And do you still have to wait 5 min for your files to play?

You may have better luck at UMS since there are mods actively working on the issue:

http://www.universalmediaserver.com/for ... 7&start=20

You are welcome to join us. I believe you were on the right track. I don't think it matters if we find the right transcode as the vizio tv doesn't want to let us transcode correctly.

BTW how did you get it to work for tvmobili? If I set tvmobili to decide whether to transcode (with vizio conf selected) it will not try to transcode my mp4. If i set it to always transcode, it doesn't see my file at all. I just set my special download setting (for latest updates) so I don't know how long that will take to go into effect or if that matters.
jackarbiter

Postby Jackie1 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:24 am

Ok, after working with vizio for many hours they formed a team of people to test about 10 media servers and which will play the file types. This is one time where "one person can make a difference" payed off! I've spent a ton of time on this and still feel TvMobili is the way to go, because I'm in direct contact witht he author of the program who updates the engine on the fly. But, everyone look at this:

See my attachment here, click to download, http://www.avsforum.com/attachments/73871 that has notes on each media server on what to tweak to get it to work with vizio tv's.

NOTE! Vizio tv's handle these files differently than other tv's (requesting information about the file before and after the transcoding) and even the most popular media server app, ps3 media server doesn't work with the Vizio yet.
Jackie1

Postby jackarbiter » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:54 am

They said (for tvmobili):

"When testing .mp4 h264 aac, I had one file that worked fine and the other that told me the audio/video codecs were not supported. Could not identify differences in files."

The difference would be less than/more than 23 minutes I would think, since that is what everyone gets. tvmobili does not transcode mp4 it just streams it. Longer files will show the not support messages.

I can transcode the entire thing first in tvmobili but that takes longer than just converting the file, and it messes with the size on the screen.

I'm surprised about serviio, I thought I gave that a decent shot. I'll give it another look.
jackarbiter

Postby Jackie1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:33 am

I'm playing files that are all about 1.5 hours and 1080p and don't have these issues. I told the developer at tvmobili and he said this will fix anyone having issues....

1) There is an Updateu to TvMobili. Make sure you have version 2.1.0.4303 running. If so, just go to the "status tab" and change it to a new option called "vizio client mpeg", instead of just "visio client".

2) If you don't have version 2.1.0.4303, go to settings, then SYNCHRONISE, and it will update you. Then follow step 1 above.

Please report back...
Jackie1

Postby jackarbiter » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:37 am

It works! If I force transcoding. Honestly I think the first profile might have worked fine (they both appear to now) but apparently my tv only wants to transcode when its connected via ethernet, so I may have caused this fuss for no good reason.

Unfortunately it wants to fit the size of my tv rather than put it in 1920x1080. I'm looking to see if I can prevent this behavior.

But thanks again for your help!
jackarbiter

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers