pms-mlx (13-12-04 v1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: pms-mlx (13-11-21 v0.9)

Postby taconaut » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:45 pm

chach wrote:I have rename the pms.conf to pms.conf.bak (is there a problem?)

Quite the opposite. Please check if you had the name configured in there.

I have added (-Xmx1536M -Xss16M) these line to pms.sh in the package for the Java heap Size is this ok ?

Looks good to me, if you don't get OutOfMemoryExceptions all should be fine.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:01 pm

No, here ist my old PMS.conf (i have a copy at work hihi :))

Code: Select all
thumbnails = true
image_thumbnails = true
mencoder_ass = true
mencoder_ass_defaultstyle = true
uuid = ec32f567-e7db-4885-a2fb-29505198d054
network_interface = en0
prevents_sleep_mode = true
usecache = true
folders = /Volumes/PMS-Serien,/Volumes/PMS-Sonstige,/Volumes/PMS-Filme
hidevideosettings = true
hide_enginenames = true
hide_transcode_folder = true
mencoder_disablesubs = true
mencoder_mux_compatible = true
mencoder_audiolangs = ger,und,eng,fre,jpn
minimized = true
mencoder_usepcm = false
embed_dts_in_pcm = false
mencoder_mt = false

no Line with hostname or name in there.

ok, fine i dont get any OutofMemoryExeptions only the External Input Stream ist null i have no idea i test it with the offiziel Release of PMS and with the old PMS-MLX Rls (1.52.0).

By the way, when i change the Package Contents of PMS-MLX i use Drag and Drop or Textedit is this ok or do i something wrong ?

Jan
chach

Postby taconaut » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:49 am

I'm perplex, code wise absolutely nothing has changed between 1.54 and 1.90 regarding the message "Can't determine hostname". It comes from:
Code: Select all
   public String getProfileName() {
      if (HOSTNAME == null) { // calculate this lazily
         try {
            HOSTNAME = InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostName();
         } catch (UnknownHostException e) {
            logger.info("Can't determine hostname");
            HOSTNAME = "unknown host";
         }
      }

return getString(KEY_PROFILE_NAME, HOSTNAME);
   }

There are two ways to solve this
  1. Set name = <your_host_name> as suggested previously
  2. Avoid the UnknownHostException when calling InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostName(). e.g. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1881 ... texception
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:07 am

Moin taconaut,

i think the problem was my switch i have reset him and PMS has read the hostname correctly. why, i dont know. Because with the old PMS-MLX 1.52.1 i don´t had the error.I have to test it detailed on the weekend.
Also the Problem with the renderer ist away. Strange.

sorry Yesterday i have not tested your new watcher. I have a question on this look the watcher only in the root folder or also in a slave folder from the root ? I have this structure "PMS-Filme/Filme -> Action... etc."
and the other Question ist my old Question from yesterday when i change the package contents can i only use Drag and Drop and Textedit or is the package than corrupted what is the best way for this?

Greets,
Jan
chach

Postby taconaut » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:12 am

It makes more sens to me, if your host name resolution problem was related to a network issue, even though I don't fully understand why your router is involved in resolving the name of the machine pms runs on. Good if it is solved :)

Take your time for testing, I'm not in a rush. The child folders will be watched as well, if you've checked the second check box. I suggest to read the jnotify description for your OS to understand how it will work.

when i change the package contents can i only use Drag and Drop and Textedit or is the package than corrupted what is the best way for this?

That's perfectly fine as long as your text editor doesn't change the file encoding (which doesn't seem to be the case).
taconaut
Project Member

Postby Armagg3don » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:29 am

Thank you very much, but there is no way to display the subtitles in spanish. Previously had no problems with PMS 1.90.1, but with PMS 1.90.2 mlx I have not found a way.

Help please.

Thank you very much, but there is no way to display the subtitles in spanish. Previously had no problems with PMS 1.90.1, but with PMS 1.90.2 mlx I have not found a way.

Help please.

edit: Forget what I said, the program does not want to open. When I try to open skips a message that says "can not open the program, do you have any other open instance?".
Obviously check and processes, but even if there is no file concerning PMS, this version refuses to open.
Already uninstalled it, I delete the installation folder and reinstalled. Also un updating java, but I still can not open.

Too bad, it looked interesting modification of PMS, but has several flaws that make it unusable for some, as a server.
Last edited by Armagg3don on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armagg3don

Postby chach » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Hi taconaut,

1: your watcher plugin works great :)

OSX Mountain Lion (10.8.5):
Do all supported features work as described? Yes
For a file create, are all the file properties being imported correctly? Yes

can he watches also a move to an another Directory?

2: I have test it with the hostname problem this can also be solved with a reboot of the system.
Strange, on PMS 1.90.1 (official) he can not find the hostname also on PMS-MLX 1.90.2 but on PMS-MLX 1.52.1 he find it without a reboot or reset of the switch.

3: I have also a problem with tsMuxeR you can not play a Video with PMS-MLX 1.90.2 , with PMS 1.90.1 (official) and PMS-MLX 1.52.1 is that not a problem.
Is there a Problem with the Media Library + filename and the tsMuxeR ? I think the filename is to long (many character) in the structure he had a problem to find this with tsMuxeR
the problem is my Playstation displays an error that he cannot play this file but with the official (PMS 1.90.1) release he play it.

4: with the Input Stream is null... Error is it the same, PMS-MLX 1.90.2 and PMS 1.90.1 (official) displays the error but PMS-MLX 1.52.1 make this correct.

or is this a Java problem ? both new DLNA Client uses Java 1.7 but the old PMS-MLX Java 1.6.

Greets,
Jan
chach

Postby taconaut » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:26 am

Armagg3don wrote:Thank you very much, but there is no way to display the subtitles in spanish. Previously had no problems with PMS 1.90.1, but with PMS 1.90.2 mlx I have not found a way.

Help please.

edit: Forget what I said, the program does not want to open. When I try to open skips a message that says "can not open the program, do you have any other open instance?".
Obviously check and processes, but even if there is no file concerning PMS, this version refuses to open.
Already uninstalled it, I delete the installation folder and reinstalled. Also un updating java, but I still can not open.

Too bad, it looked interesting modification of PMS, but has several flaws that make it unusable for some, as a server.

Somethimes pms doesn't shut down properly, that's when you'll be getting the "can not open the program, do you have any other open instance?" message when trying to open a new instance. Easiest is to restart your computer or kill all javaw.exe processes (if you're using windows).
For the subtitle issue, could you attach your log file? I'm trying hard not to introduce any regressions when merging code from pms, but it sometimes happens.
taconaut
Project Member

Postby taconaut » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:35 am

chach wrote:Hi taconaut,

1: your watcher plugin works great :)

OSX Mountain Lion (10.8.5):
Do all supported features work as described? Yes
For a file create, are all the file properties being imported correctly? Yes

can he watches also a move to an another Directory?

Thanks for testing!
No, move is not supported. JNotify doesn't raise mover events, probably because of this:
JNotify OSX wrote:Events are not guaranteed to be reported in order. Events should be reported within two seconds of occuring. Multiple events occuring within two seconds may be reported in any order.

2: I have test it with the hostname problem this can also be solved with a reboot of the system.
Strange, on PMS 1.90.1 (official) he can not find the hostname also on PMS-MLX 1.90.2 but on PMS-MLX 1.52.1 he find it without a reboot or reset of the switch.

4: with the Input Stream is null... Error is it the same, PMS-MLX 1.90.2 and PMS 1.90.1 (official) displays the error but PMS-MLX 1.52.1 make this correct.

I had understand you had solved these problems by resetting your router. Does this still happen?

3: I have also a problem with tsMuxeR you can not play a Video with PMS-MLX 1.90.2 , with PMS 1.90.1 (official) and PMS-MLX 1.52.1 is that not a problem.
Is there a Problem with the Media Library + filename and the tsMuxeR ? I think the filename is to long (many character) in the structure he had a problem to find this with tsMuxeR
the problem is my Playstation displays an error that he cannot play this file but with the official (PMS 1.90.1) release he play it.

I'll check if I see something. Could you attach a log from pms-mlx (where it doesn't play) and pms (where it works)?
The file name shouldn't won't cause any problems, as the real file path is being used, which is the same as pms uses. I don't think the name displayed on screen can cause this either.
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:02 pm

ok.

Yes, this still happen when i use the new PMS-MLX build but not when i use PMS-MLX 1.52.1
When i reset my router thats ok with both PMS-MLX builds but with the new PMS-MLX build its came again in 10-30 Minutes and i have to reset my router again and again.
The Error is also on the official build of PMS but not on the your old MLX build (1.52.1). Is there anything changed ? maybe Java 1.6 and 1.7 i will test it further.

i attach a tsMuxeR log in the afternoon after work.

now i going back to PMS-MLX 1.52.1 and all works unfortunately with no watcher plugin and no tmdb plugin that works.

Greets
Jan
chach

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds