pms-mlx (13-12-04 v1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: pms-mlx (13-11-21 v0.9)

Postby taconaut » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:13 am

chach wrote:One question he use only the german Language when i go to media library / Library / search for the Video and right klick on Update / Standard not by Name or ID is this correct ?

Oops, my bad. I've missed two spots where the language had to be specified. If you download the updated version at the link I gave above, it should now use the set language for all cases.

I mean he don´t read the hostname, i think its only a problem with pms 1.90.2.
The Error is he cannot determine the Hostname but in pms-mlx 1.52 is this correct.

I still don't get it :p could you explain what you see and what you are expecting as well as where (logs, GUI..)?

Can i quickly increment the play count in the Tree View or only in the Library ?

It's only possible from the library. Actually, I was thinking about removing the 'show folder content' in the tree view, as it is painfully slow if there are many files in the library and optimising it to only show files for expanded folders would represent quite a lot of work.

oh yeah, sorry for my bad english i will improve it ;)

Your English is pretty good :) I'm also speaking German btw
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:02 pm

Hi Taconaut,

This Plugin Update is without errors. many Thanks.

Now i have a other problem with the streaming i think this is not a pms-mlx problem but maybe you have an idea :)
When i use mencoder for mkv Video the cpu usage of my macmini 2,6Ghz (Dual-CPU) reaches 150% and the cache ran out of Data with stuttering playback.
In the Last Version i have put a Tick on "when a H264 Video is selecting use tsMuxeR" and all where fine but in this new Release i have not found the checkbox. Is there only a way with the Experts-Settings ?

Is there a chance to set german as a language in the Media Library tab ?

With the hostname i think this is my fault, i will test it again. sorry. I think this was a Problem with IPv6 on my router.

Thank you,
Jan
chach

Postby taconaut » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:25 pm

Happy to hear it finally worked out :) I'll probably add a way to configure the language for the plugin instead of using the language set for pms, but this will have to wait a bit.

chach wrote:Now i have a other problem with the streaming i think this is not a pms-mlx problem but maybe you have an idea :)
When i use mencoder for mkv Video the cpu usage of my macmini 2,6Ghz (Dual-CPU) reaches 150% and the cache ran out of Data with stuttering playback.
In the Last Version i have put a Tick on "when a H264 Video is selecting use tsMuxeR" and all where fine but in this new Release i have not found the checkbox. Is there only a way with the Experts-Settings ?

Sorry, but I'm not very knowledgeable about transcoding stuff, you'll have to ask this for pms.

Is there a chance to set german as a language in the Media Library tab ?

The translations for fr and de (which went missing during a merge operation) have been re-added and will be included in the next release.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:39 pm

ohh understand...

whatever, pms-mlx is the one and only streaming Client *g*

Thank you for the beta :) and i wait for the next Release :) I am Happy right now.

and the new renderer file for the hx855 will be sent to you when i am ready :)

LG
Jan
chach

Postby taconaut » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:50 am

I've added the watch folder functionality to pms-mlx and it's ready for testing.
To enable it, check the watch feature for the managed folders you want to be watched and click the big pms save button on top.

The latest snapshot build can be downloaded from the snapshot build server

Install:
  • linux: download and extract pms-XXX-generic-linux-unix.tar.gz (as always)
  • mac: download and install pms-XXX-setup-macosx.tar.gz (as always)
  • windows: download pms-XXX-jar-with-dependencies.jar, rename it to pms.jar and replaced it in your current installation directory. Also download the transcode-tools and copy jnotify.dll and jnotify_64bit.dll to the installation directory.
If running on a x86 linux, libjnotify-x86.so will (probably) have to be renamed to libjnotify.so in order to work, but this hasn't been tested.

Supported features:
  • Create file: when a file is being created, it will be imported the same way as if the scan button were pressed.
  • Rename file: when a file is being renamed, its name will be updated in the DB.
  • Delete file: when a file is being deleted, it will be deleted from the library.
When moving a file from a watched folder to another, it will be deleted first and then re-imported. In the future it might be supported to updater the path.

The watch folders have been implemented using the jnotify library. OS specific descriptions can be found on their website.

If you give it a try, it would be much appreciated if you could answer the following questions for your OS, as I won't be able to test everything.
  • Do all supported features work as described?
  • For a file create, are all the file properties being imported correctly? (this could be the case if the file wasn't fully written to disk when reading the file properties)

I'll start with the OSs I've tested:
Windows 7 x64:
Do all supported features work as described? Yes
For a file create, are all the file properties being imported correctly? Yes

OSX Mountain Lion:
Do all supported features work as described? Yes

Ubuntu 13.04 x64:
Do all supported features work as described? No, file deleted doesn't work. Jnotify doesn't trigger a file deleted event.
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:41 am

Hi Taconaut my favorite ;)

this is cool i will test it tonight, thanks. sorry i have only 10.8.5 to test.

by the way, here is the renderer.conf file for my Sony BraviaHX855 with the old rederer file BraviaHX.conf i cannot see a video. http://ul.to/2m30imug

maybe i can ask you i have 2 problems:

1. when i stream content to my ps3 the debug.log displays
Code: Select all
server worker #1-1 WARN 2013-11-27 22:21:38.512 External input stream instance is null… sounds not good, waiting 500ms
and then the buffer is destroying. My PMS.conf http://ul.to/a5tbsw7k the Java heap Size is already increased.
2. When i PMS Start the log displays
main INFO  2013-11-24 18:10:02.340 Can't determine hostname
and
main INFO  2013-11-24 18:10:02.340 Profile name: unknown host

do you have any idea ?

Greets,
Jan
chach

Postby taconaut » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:58 am

This doesn't sound too good indeed. Does this post help?
Is the renderer configuration you've added complete? If it is, I'll check with the others if it can be added without conflicts with existing configurations.
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:38 am

No, with pms.mlx 1.52.0 i have no problem with the Hostname
and the other question ? have you an idea ? i think maybe this ist a problem with my PMS.conf?

The renderer file is in the moment only for my Bravia 2012 (Sony Bravia KDL-40HX855), i will rename it to BraviaHX855.conf and test it.

Greets
Jan
chach

Postby taconaut » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:57 pm

chach wrote:with pms.mlx 1.52.0 i have no problem with the Hostname

I've just checked the code and nothing has changed between 1.52 and now regarding the host name resolution.
Did you delete pms.conf when updating, as I suggested? If yes, I suppose you had configured the host name in there, which overrides automatic discovery. Try adding 'name=<your_host_name>' to pms.conf.

The "External input stream instance is null… sounds not good, waiting 500ms" message shows up when the input stream given by the transcoding engine (mencoder, ffmpeg etc.) is null. Can't say where the problem lies though, sorry. I guess you're getting the same message when using the official pms release!?
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:17 pm

hmmm with the hostname i have to test it after work with the Line. I have rename the pms.conf to pms.conf.bak (is there a problem?)

I dont have the official pms release installed but good question i will test it, too.

I have added (-Xmx1536M -Xss16M) these line to pms.sh in the package for the Java heap Size is this ok ?

Greets,
Jan
chach

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds