Is it possible to manage audio track and subtitle from ps3

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Is it possible to manage audio track and subtitle from ps3

Postby [shingo] » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi, I recently installed PMS to test it and I have a few questions.

I watch a lot of 10bit h265 video with subitles and multiple audio track and also some standard mkv with multiple audio track.

I was wondering if there's a way from the ps3 to select whether or not to display the subtitle and still from the ps3 to select the correct audio track.

If it's not possible, is there any video streaming software that support it? Keep in mind that my renderer do not support these kind of video files.

My current setup is using a western digital media player which work perfectly for everything except 10bit h265.

So is there a solution ?

If not the only reliable way I can think of is to build a new HTPC, my old HTPC do not have the processing power for 10bit H265.

I don't want to manually convert the files, I need something that is easy, reliable and automatic.

Thank you for your help.
[shingo]

Re: Is it possible to manage audio track and subtitle from p

Postby meskibob » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:07 pm

Not directly from the playback menu during the playback of the movie. You can manually select any audio/subtitle combination before starting a video from the #Transcode# folder, and proper configuration of the audio/subtitle priorities should minimize the amount of manual selections.
Check the Help tab in the program or the FAQ for additional general information around using PMS.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Is it possible to manage audio track and subtitle from p

Postby [shingo] » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:42 pm

meskibob wrote:Not directly from the playback menu during the playback of the movie. You can manually select any audio/subtitle combination before starting a video from the #Transcode# folder, and proper configuration of the audio/subtitle priorities should minimize the amount of manual selections.
Check the Help tab in the program or the FAQ for additional general information around using PMS.

Oh I see, that would be an acceptable compromise, I think the #Transcode# folder is currently hidden, I will check this out.

Thank you
[shingo]

Return to General Discussion