MKV image speeding up and out of sync

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

MKV image speeding up and out of sync

Postby Wern » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:47 pm

Hi,

I've been experiencing a problem while watching MKVs in PMS for quite some time (in several different PMS releases). What happens is while I'm watching a MKV video file sometimes the image speeds up going out of sync, while the audio stays normal; this happens irregularly, one day I may be watching a whole MKV of 2 hours length without this happening, but another day I may be watching the same MKV again and this problem happens every 3/5 mins. As far as I am aware, this happens with every MKV.
I tried several things to no avail: closed the MKV and played it again, restarted my PS3, closed and started PMS again... I searched this forum for solutions and only found topics describing this same problem (from 2 or 3 years ago) but with no one telling a final solution for this matter. I tried one suggestion, from one of those topics, which was to activate the "Force framerate parsed from FFMpeg" in MEncoder, but the problem remains.

Is there any solution for this?

I have the latest PMS (1.90.1), java is up to date and I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (also up to date).
I'm using MEncoder (at least that's the info that shows up when I open the MKVs in my PS3).
My PS3 is connected directly through a cable to my router and the same goes for my PC.

The debug log: http://www.mediafire.com/?0ojsqajkt55ozjf
Wern

Re: MKV image speeding up and out of sync

Postby PhantomIncarnate » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:59 am

I have the same issue, yet none of the forum topics with this similar issue ever get replys....
bump bump bump
PhantomIncarnate

Return to General Help and Support