What are YOUR DTS/AAC Audio settings?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

What are YOUR DTS/AAC Audio settings?

Postby zetsui » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:34 am

Hey guys I have a PS3 connected to a tv (2 channel speakers), hard wired to a network with my computer, from where I want to stream. I have no receiver of any kind for audio.

For video I am using TsMuxer to get the best settings
keyint=250:vqscale=0:vqmin=2
Maximum numbero of audio channels to output for AC3: 2
USE LPCM
Keep AC3
Remux DVD ISO

I am trying to play a rip of my own with a DTS audio track. I can get alternative tracks, including commentary, the music for the movie, but the characters voices are very dull/in the background.

What are the correct settings to keep the highest audio quality and have the ease of playback without messing with server settings for AC3 and DTS audio?
What are the settings on the server?
What are the settings on the PS3?
If I want to keep TSmuxer as the video codec, but choose to software encode for audio, what are the consequences of this? Is the sound only transcoded or is the video transcoded as well? I am guessing it would require greater seektime to go through my movies?

I don't have any fancy audio setup, I just want to play them back with good quality
zetsui

Re: What are YOUR DTS/AAC Audio settings?

Postby zetsui » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:03 am

Seriously guys? Not a single person can post their settings? sigh :(
zetsui

Re: What are YOUR DTS/AAC Audio settings?

Postby meskibob » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:28 pm

Uncheck Use LPCM. The PS3 has an issue downmixing 5.1 LPCM streams - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16198#p76889
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support