pms-mlx (2014-09-24 v1.1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: pms-mlx (12-04-01 v0.7)

Postby taconaut » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:37 pm

Linux alpha 0.9 is up as well click (above instructions also apply)
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:02 am

Hiho, many Thanks for pms-mlx this project is better than others :) i use it for 5 years and it rocks.

my question is there any news about a new release on mac ? with the old version i still have a problem with tmdb plugin and others.

Regards,
Jan
chach

Postby taconaut » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi Jan,

Glad to hear there are happy users around :)
Actually, the OSX installer is the only thing blocking a new release. As I've left the code untouched for over a year, lots of things have changed with pms; one of them being the osx packaging. I'm struggling a bit to finalize the installer and as I currently haven't got a running OSX environment I'm having a hard time testing. I'll do my best to get this running.
If you want to use the latest version I can give you instructions on how to copy some files to make it work.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:49 pm

hi taconaut, thank you for your hard work and and and...

That would be great if i can test the new pms-mlx. :))))))))
i Need to rebuild the Database ?

Regards,
Jan
chach

Postby taconaut » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:31 pm

Finally a new release is available at SourceForge. Thanks to Raptor399 the OSX installer is now also working :)

Besides the many improvements coming from pms, here's the list of changes for this project:
Plugins:
- Improved plugin dialog:
- Nicer layout
- Added possibility to include clickable links in plugin long description

- Implemented new plugin system:
- Most of the existing plugins should still work. Some might cause problems as the initialization process has changed
- Moved plugins from general configuration tab to its own plugin tab
- Localized all plugins (en, fr, de)
- Hide unavailable plugins in tree context menu
- Show unavailable plugins as grayed out (unusable) in plugin tab (e.g. iPhoto on windows)

- Play count watcher
- Fixed play length calculation

- IMDB file import:
- Fixed import

- TMDB file import:
- Use APIv3 (thanks, christopher!)

- iTunes:
- Use the same implementation as in the current pms

- iPhoto:
- Use the same implementation as in the current pms

- Shutdown:
- Added plugin allowing to shutdown/restart OS (thanks, Raptor399!)

GUI:
- Fix UI refresh issue when selecting a single plugin in the file import template panel.
- Use the global save button to save the media library properties.
- Show wait cursor when applying filter in library view (as the operation can be lengthy if many files have to loaded).
- Hide image and pictures actions as they aren't supported yet.
- Update all GUI when library is being reset
- Hide image and pictures actions as they haven't been implemented
- Save configuration when application of prefixes to omit for filtering sorting changes
- Use the global save button to save the media library properties
- Initialize managed folder with subfolders and scan video enabled

Database:
- Trim overview if it is greater than DB field size (2056)
- Performance improvement when loading videos having external subtitles from DB
- Guarantee correct insert/update/delete operations in the database by making the entire operation transactional

Misc:
- Added internally used notification center
- Fixed ArrayIndexOutOfBounds exception related to the help and the addition of the media library tab

Maven:
- Updated plugins:
- maven-site-plugin 3.0 -> 3.3
- maven-dependency-plugin 2.4 -> 2.8
- maven-surefire-plugin: 2.11 -> 2.16
- git-commit-id-plugin: 1.9 -> 2.15
- maven-eclipse-plugin: 2.5.1 -> 2.9
- maven-idea-plugin: 2.1 -> 2.2.1
- doxia-module-docbook-simple: 1.2 -> 1.4
- maven-surefire-plugin: 2.15 -> 2.16
- maven-javadoc-plugin: 2.9 -> 2.9.1
- cobertura-maven-plugin: 2.5.2 -> 2.6

Upgrade instructions:
- It is recommended to remove previously installed plugins prior to installation. Not doing so won't influence the proper functioning of pms-mlx, but errors will show up in the logs.
- The database will be automatically upgraded and will remain usable.
taconaut
Project Member

Re: pms-mlx (13-11-21 v0.9)

Postby chach » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:59 pm

ohh great, sorry i don´t see that at SourceForge thanks for your reply.
I will test it in the afternoon :)

and the configuration file, have this to deleted ?

LG
Jan
chach

Postby taconaut » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:16 pm

The pms 1.90.2 release announcement recommends to delete the config file if upgrading from versions <1.70. As the previous pms-mlx was based on 1.54, this applies. I'm not sure what incompatible changes might be in there though.
Please tell me if everything went smoothly as I haven't been able to test it on OSX. There have been issues reported, which are related to Maverick; the last tests I've made were on Snow Leopard. Additionally there is a known issue with the pms installer, where you have to click 'quit' on step 6/7; everything has been installed at this point though.
Hope you have fun :)
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:10 pm

Hi taconaut, almost everything works fine but i have a problem with the tmdb plugin he can not import with a german language.
The hole Media Library is only in english , i have set it to german in the configuration but nothing happens.
The Server cannot determine my Hostname hmm do i something wrong?
I Think also the renderer file for the Sony Bravia HX-855 was incompatible he produces only pixels not a video on my tv i will test it and then i sent the compatible render File :)

This is not a problem but can you create a button in the Media Library tap on Manage Servers a scan button for all Drives ? and in the Tree view and show folder content is there a chance to create a button and i can click on it when i watched a movie or tv show? maybe with a right click?

The Installer is fine but an uninstaller task is in the package ? i Think is was greatly when the installer ask about the old configuration file in the Library and named it .bak

Regards,
Jan

PS: there is a fantastic DLNA Server with a many many great features Thank you Thank you TACONAUT!!!!!!!!!!
chach

Postby taconaut » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:10 pm

chach wrote:Hi taconaut, almost everything works fine but i have a problem with the tmdb plugin he can not import with a german language.
The hole Media Library is only in english , i have set it to german in the configuration but nothing happens.

I've fixed it to use the language set for pms. You can download it in about 1 hour (check for a recent build date in the title) from here. Delete the current one in the plugins folder and replace it with the downloaded one.

Note from the tmdb API v3:
Our API supports translations just be aware that we no longer fall back to English in the event that a field hasn't been translated. If you make a request for the German translation and the overview hasn’t been translated, the field will be empty. There’s a few reasons for this but the main one is that in an effort to encourage users to add data to TMDb, it’s important for them to see when the data is missing.

The Server cannot determine my Hostname hmm do i something wrong?

I don't understand the question.

I Think also the renderer file for the Sony Bravia HX-855 was incompatible he produces only pixels not a video on my tv i will test it and then i sent the compatible render File :)

Thanks, that will be fixed in pms if there really is an issue.

This is not a problem but can you create a button in the Media Library tap on Manage Servers a scan button for all Drives ?

I don't think I'll add that, as we don't want to end up with temporary internet files and what not in the library.
There will be a watch function, automatically adding new files showing up in configured folders though. Scanning wont be required anymore :)

in the Tree view and show folder content is there a chance to create a button and i can click on it when i watched a movie or tv show? maybe with a right click?

I'm not sure to understand what you want. When you play a file, the play count and date is being set automatically. If you want to mark a show as played, you can select it in the library view and press 'CTRL + (PLUS button) and it will increment the play count by 1. It won't set the last played date though.

PS: there is a fantastic DLNA Server with a many many great features Thank you Thank you TACONAUT!!!!!!!!!!

taconaut
Project Member

Postby chach » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:18 am

Hi Taconaut, yes great , now he use the german titel with the new tmdb plugin snapshot.
One question he use only the german Language when i go to media library / Library / search for the Video and right klick on Update / Standard not by Name or ID is this correct ?

I mean he don´t read the hostname, i think its only a problem with pms 1.90.2.
The Error is he cannot determine the Hostname but in pms-mlx 1.52 is this correct.

I can test the render file tommorow today is my fathers birthday sorry :)

There will be a watch function: wow, it would be great :)

Can i quickly increment the play count in the Tree View or only in the Library ?

oh yeah, sorry for my bad english i will improve it ;)

Thanks,
Jan
chach

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds