xbox 360 shows up on ps3 media server but Ps3 doesnt anymore

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

xbox 360 shows up on ps3 media server but Ps3 doesnt anymore

Postby choob » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:35 am

Hi,

Ive looked through the FAQ's and google, but not sure what my issue is, im kinda new to this. Ive been using ps3 media server fine for months now, but then the other day my ps3 would no longer pick up ps3 media servers, or any media servers, but I can still connect to ps3 network, and my brother has an xbox 360 and that cab connect to ps3 media server with no issues.

Windows 7
Wireless Modem Router connected to 2 pc's via Ethernet Cable.
Ps3 and xbox 360 connected via WIFI
Runnning ps3 media server 1.90 { was running 1.82]

I havnt had any new updates to my pc, I did run an update for GTA 5 for the ps3 and had than had to do another system update, but those were the only updates. So im not sure if the issue is a part of my PC or my ps3, because my xbox 360 can connect to ps3 media server with no issues, its just my Playstation 3 that cant connect to ps3 media server all of the sudden, im not sure what ive done and I apologize if this is the incorrect format to report.

Thanks in advance
choob

Re: xbox 360 shows up on ps3 media server but Ps3 doesnt any

Postby meskibob » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:32 pm

Follow the FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=32731#p34933
I'd start with checking that media servers are enabled on the PS3 and that a software firewall on your PC isn't blocking traffic specifically with the PS3.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby djcarr » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:17 am

My PS3 no longer connects with the PMS either, as of yesterday, with no changes to the configuration. It worked perfectly until yesterday and now the PMS doesn't detect any media renderers. I can't find any info on this online but I'm guessing that the PS3 must have had an update that is causing the problem. Any news on this? Thanks in advance.

Here's the log:
deleted it
Last edited by djcarr on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djcarr

Postby choob » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:35 am

Yea I did have media servers enabled. Basically it happened after I updated my firmware to 4.50, but then I reset my ps3 to default settings and now it works fine again, I mustve noobed myself.

Thanks for the reply though.
choob

Postby djcarr » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:33 pm

Can anybody help with this?
djcarr

Postby djcarr » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:46 pm

I figured out what my problem was, no thanks to the forums here. If you have 2 routers on your network, you need to make sure your wifi is set to the router that the settings were originally configured on. I would assume that there is a way to add the other router to the settings somehow. Is that an easy task? I'll eagerly await a lack of response while I figure it out on my own. Thanks! Haha.
djcarr

Postby meskibob » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:41 am

The FAQ states that your devices have to be on the same subnet. Had you actually followed the FAQ, your ping test would have failed.
As to why it worked before, I don't know. Maybe you were connected to the one router and not the other. You didn't really provide any info on what you tried or any indication that you read the FAQ, so trying to troubleshoot that for you is a bit difficult.
As to how to properly setup your home network for two routers, that's outside the scope of this forum. Try searching the Google instead - http://compnetworking.about.com/od/rout ... etwork.htm

P.S.: with the current tone of your posts (especially after waiting less than a day for a response), you'll get little support here, at least from me.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby djcarr » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:23 am

Thanks. I had posted a full log of what was reported. It didn't have any apparent errors, while even saying "The server should now appear on your renderer", so I had no idea what the issue could be aside from an incompatible update on the ps3. As I said, it was working perfectly until recently with no changes to configuration of settings. I found no solution as I dug through these forums and the faq. Also, as previously stated, my issue did end up being due to having 2 routers on one network. Thank you for your non-support, meskiboob, but I had already resigned myself to figuring out the 2 routers on my own. Sometimes it is better to actual read the lines instead of in between them. You could be just as unhelpful with far less words. ;-)
djcarr

Return to General Help and Support