I would like to upgrade my Media server. Currently i am using an ATOM D525 Cpu and it does a good job at trans coding 720p content.
The problems appear at full HD (1080p) they start to shutter and this is why i want to upgrade my CPU and or GPU, and i want to keep the cost as low as possible. considering the above i found the following CPU's that are in my budget range:
- AMD Sempron X2 190 2.5GHz
- AMD Vision A4-4000 3.2GHz
- AMD Athlon II X2 340 Dual Core, 3200MHz
- Intel Celeron Dual-Core G1610, 2600MHz
- Intel Celeron Dual-Core G1620 2.7GHz
and if it is necessary a GeForce GT 610 GPU or something in that price range.
My question is Witch CPU can handle FULL HD trans coding for my PS3.
THank you for your time reading this post.