WD Live Streaming Help.

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

WD Live Streaming Help.

Postby AliYousaf » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:45 pm

Hi! I have been streaming through PS3MediaServer Windows7 Laptop to Play Station 3, over Gigabit Ethernet home network for a while now. The experience has been flawless since the day one. I have been thinking to add WD Live Streaming player or WD Live TV hub. The later has a built in 1Tb HDD and is costly while the former has no internal storage. Both devices are ethernet enabled. My objective is to be able to eliminate the need of hooking up my Windows machine every time I want to stream a video to PlayStation 3. I see that this PS3MediaServer supports the WD Live ( I assume that's the one without internal storage)
I just need an opinion from experts here on the issue. Am I thinking right or is it something I am missing ? Simply put will I be able to stream videos and music to PlayStation 3 over Lan with WDlive ?? If yes kindly explain how??

If this fails I do have another method in mind which too I am not sure about.
Other option that I am thinking of is getting a Android streaming device and install PS3MediaServer on that for the same purpose if that's even possible. I have an android running Tab and I just installed XBMC on that just to test it worked great on Android I am hoping that PS3 media too can be installed on any android device.

I save all my videos on a NAS drive and play those in a media room in my basement on 10ft projector screen through Play Station3.The WD Live, WD Liv Tv Hub or the Google Android Tv box that I am thinking about will be placed in another room attached to a network with HDMI to Sony Bravia Tv. So watching media on TV through any of these devices shouldn't be much of a problem. My main concern is weather I'll be able to stream to PlayStation with this device without my Laptop or not. Thanks much in advance.
AliYousaf

Re: WD Live Streaming Help.

Postby AliYousaf » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:15 pm

78 Viwes and not a single reply...
Anyways I have found a solution on my own..
Thanks for NOTHING all.
AliYousaf

Return to General Help and Support