PC wired, but PS3 can't detect

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PC wired, but PS3 can't detect

Postby zzoo » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:14 am

My PS3 is always wired to the router, and my PC was connected wifi. While it was slow, it worked fine. Now, I use the PowerLine to connect my PC (wired) to my router. The Internet on PC works great. The PS3 can see my PC via Windows Media, it can play video too. However, PS3 can't detect my PC. Once again, it worked ok with wifi.

Could you please tell me what's wrong and how I could solve it.
Thank you very much.
zzoo

Re: PC wired, but PS3 can't detect

Postby meskibob » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:37 pm

Follow the FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=32731#p34933
If you need additional assistance, post detailed responses or questions to each specific help point listed in the FAQ. Note that providing your debug.log can also help.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: PC wired, but PS3 can't detect

Postby zzoo » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:23 pm

Well, I feel like a kid of 10 years old asking his dad about a math problem, and his dad throws back to him a thick book and tell him to read through that and get the answer. Yes, he will get his answer, but .... Anyway, thank you for the link.

If anyone out there has this similar issue and know the quick fix, I'd appreciate a lot if you could share the solution with me.
zzoo

Return to General Help and Support