I know that the topic of the inability to find renderers has been addressed quite a few times, but I feel like I have tried every solution suggested and I am still stuck. Previously, I had PS3 Media Server working well on my network. However, I had to replace my NAS device (old and new: WD Sentinel DX4000 running Windows Storage Server 2008 R2), which is the device that the PS Media Server was installed and running on. I installed the latest version of PS3MS (1.90.1) on the new NAS and it seems to be running ok except that it cannot find any renderers on my network. If open up on Windows Media Player on the NAS device itself, then the PS3MS finds the local Windows Media Player as a renderer and I get the lovely green check mark. But if I open WMP on a networked computer, or my PS3, or other devices that previously worked, they are not found (and they do not see PS3MS).
I have tried:
1. Forcing IP of the server on PS3MS to the actual IP of the NAS device on which it is running (see attachment General Setup)
2. Forcing the network on interface to the IP of the NAS device on which it is running
3. Using port forward on my Router (Lynksys E4200) to reserve port 5001 to the IP of the NAS device (see attachment router image)
4. Rebooting the router
5. Allowed Java and PS3MS to communicate through the Windows Firewall on the NAS
6. Created inbound and outbound rules for PS3MS on Windows Firewall on the NAS that "allow the connection"
The log file seems to indicate that the server (see attachment log file)
-used the forced address
-created the socket: /192.168.1.144:5001
-The server should now appear on your renderer
-Renderer WMP found on this address: 192.168.1.144
-No IP filter specified, access granted to /192.168.1.117 (there are a series of these to various IP addresses on my network)
I feel like it is very close, but I cannot figure out how to pinpoint what is wrong and how to fix it. I would welcome advice.
- Shows port settings on router
- router image.PNG (15.67 KiB) Viewed 961 times
- Shows network settings on PS3MS
- General Setup.fw.png (86.89 KiB) Viewed 961 times
- Shows example log file
- 9_28_log file.fw.png (207.07 KiB) Viewed 961 times