current ubuntu repository?

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

current ubuntu repository?

Postby karLcx » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:07 am

hi,
i had a quick look around but couldn't find an answer to this in the linux section, though i know it's not a new question.

is there a more current ubuntu repository/ppa other than the documented one? from what i can tell 1.81 is the newest version i can install from the repo, but 1.901 is out now? or perhaps there is no longer a ppa being actively maintained?
karLcx

Re: current ubuntu repository?

Postby karLcx » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:29 am

since there is obviously no current repo, any hints on how to update my install with current generic version for xubuntu? or does no one else use the linux version anymore?
karLcx

Postby karLcx » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:45 am

since obviously no one cares, i guess i'm off to find a new media server. bye
karLcx

Postby Milansky » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:11 am

karLcx wrote:hi,
i had a quick look around but couldn't find an answer to this in the linux section, though i know it's not a new question.

is there a more current ubuntu repository/ppa other than the documented one? from what i can tell 1.81 is the newest version i can install from the repo, but 1.901 is out now? or perhaps there is no longer a ppa being actively maintained?

To install PMS on Ubuntu do the following:

1. Download it from http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/
2. Extract it anywhere you like
3. Install Java (via terminal by typing sudo apt-get install default-jdk)
4. Run PMS.sh via Terminal (sudo sh /path_to_file/PMS.sh --- this file is located in the folder where you extracted the PMS server downloaded from http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/)
5. ..........
6. Profit :)

If you are unable to play videos, run the following command: sudo apt-get install mencoder ffmpeg mplayer vlc

Enjoy :)

If you have Java installed, then you can skip step 3.
Milansky

Return to Linux/Unix Support