I've been a diehard ps3 media server for a long time now, and it makes me happy version 1.52.1 finally offers all the speediness and features which were added since 1.20.408 (which I'd unfortunately had to use until now), while offering the same stability
Thanks especially for fixing (windows 7 x64):
- Corrupt frame playback issues mkv (program crash or unusable state)
- General streaming stability (stutterfree!)
- Server restart function that works properly!
- Showing the list of movies before icons are generated (!!!! which was one of the main reasons to stay with 20.408)
- Buffer that doesn't "break" after a while of playback, requiring a restart
- Automatic updating of folder contents
- JRE 6 support
- All the proper settings set as default
- Probably a lot I'm forgetting
Imagine it must be hard to see through all the complaints you're getting (no offense to the crowd, happens with every bit of software) and I'd just like to say on behalf of me and my close friends and relatives:
*Thanks for making a solution to playback 99% of all HD content problem free*
So to all of those still having problems: there's (probably) light at the end of the tunnel!
I just did a clean install, just in case, win 7 x64 sp1 updated to latest, uac disabled, java jre 6 Update 31 (x86), 1.52.1, ATI 12.3, on a basic system with Q6600, 5570 ati, 4 gigs of ram with loads of disks in IDE mode (no AHCI) and nothing else installed or configured. Connected to a gbit network via cable, as is the PS3.
FYI: I playback Bluray rips mostly, in alot of different formats, resolutions, refresh rates and bitrates. Filesizes ranging from 2 to 15 gigs. Plus raw m2ts (BD) also around 15 gigs.
(Sound just PCM 5.1 passed straight to receiver via HDMI)
If everything keeps working as planned for a week or two I'll be sure to donate some money. Here's hoping