Audio High Fidelity Still Broken; MPlayer Audio Removed?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Audio High Fidelity Still Broken; MPlayer Audio Removed?

Postby YOUCANNOTDENY » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:43 am

With the newest release of PS3 Media Server, why was MPlayer Audio removed? Was it incompatible with the new changes in this release?

I am still figuring out how to play FLAC files again in 1.90.

Audio High Fidelity has never worked, and now outputs an error: "Media Server Error. An HTTP error (500) has occurred."

I could never figure out how to utilize tsMuxer to play FLACs.

The only way I played FLACs before was with MPlayer Audio, and with that now removed, I have no way to play FLACs.

Does anyone out there have a solution to playing FLACs in the latest release?

Here is the debug.log of my attempt to play a FLAC with Audio High Fidelity and FFmpeg Audio through both the audio and video menus of XMB (my renderer is a PS3):

http://pastebin.com/5YUW3pN0
YOUCANNOTDENY

Re: Audio High Fidelity Still Broken; MPlayer Audio Removed?

Postby Raptor399 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Looks like MPlayerAudio was deemed obsolete.
On my system FFmpegAudio picks up FLAC files and transcodes it just fine. I'm on Mac OSX where PMS ships with FFmpeg 2.0, whereas the Windows version ships with FFmpeg 1.1. Maybe try and replace it with the latest version?

Your log file show only attempts to play FLAC with tsMuxeR, not FFmpeg, so I can't see what the problem is there.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby mazey » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:09 am

the windows builds use the ffmpeg static versions of zeranoe's builds, you can update it here.

http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

the official build has not updated ffmpeg for windows for like almost a year now, http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver ... ail?r=1146

are you able to do it Raptor399 all you need to do is grab the 32 bit static build and replace the ffmpeg.exe file that is found in the bin folder with the one used in pms.
PMS 1.90.2 Snapshot - Intel Celeron G1840 2.8Ghz / Asus Z97m-plus / Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
mazey

Postby YOUCANNOTDENY » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:31 am

Ok. so I manually updated ffmpeg with the 32-bit static file linked, and now none of my FLAC files show up. The PS3 shows "There are no tracks."

Now, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to play FLACs using PS3 Media Server. I even noticed an engine in the PMS win32 folder named "flac.exe." I'm sure it's there for a reason! Does anybody know if we can even utilize this engine? Or has it been ignored?

In the changelog of PMS version 1.82, I noticed this:

"Fixed 24-bit FLAC support with tsMuxeR (thanks, SubJunk)"

But tsMuxeR refuses to play my 16-bit FLAC files, let alone my 24-bit files. Any ideas as to what this mystery fix was?
YOUCANNOTDENY

Postby YOUCANNOTDENY » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:58 am

I guess I'm back to where I started. If ffmpeg (updated version) is set as the default transcoder, my FLAC files show up as "Unsupported Data." If Audio High Fidelity is set as the default transcoder, my FLAC files produce "An HTTP error (500) has occurred" when attempted to play them.
YOUCANNOTDENY

Postby mazey » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:04 am

hrm ok can you try updating mencoder to the latest and using mencoder again..

http://www.spirton.com/mplayer-mencoder-subjunk-build/

to see if that works? im not really sure if its the code broken or the transcoder since pms comes with sb41 and sb52 is the latest.
PMS 1.90.2 Snapshot - Intel Celeron G1840 2.8Ghz / Asus Z97m-plus / Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
mazey

Postby pfrancisco » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:26 am

Is anyone working on this issue? I too am super frustrated over this. I'm running the latest 1.90.0 release and have updated both Memcoder and FFmpeg to the latest static build and still showing "Unsupported Data". Most, if not all, of my music collection is FLAC so you can just imagine how frustrating this is. Please help.
pfrancisco

Postby tkatsenis » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:33 pm

My Sony BDP-S790 BD player plays flac (and ape) -wirh FFMpegaudio- with no problem. So the problem with flac and the PS3 (in 1.90.0 and 1.90.1) lies with the PS3.conf file, or something like that. Any ideas?
tkatsenis

Postby FrenchyBoss » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:32 am

FLAC files working on 1.90.1 and PS3.
My solution was modify ps3.conf

TranscodeAudio = WAV

to
TranscodeAudio = LPCM

In the supported audio formats section:

# Supported audio formats:
Supported = f:wav a:dts n:6 s:48000 m:audio/wav # <<<<<<<<<<<< edited line
Supported = f:wav n:2 s:48000 m:audio/wav
Supported = f:mp3 n:2 m:audio/mpeg
Supported = f:aac n:2 m:audio/x-m4a a:(?!alac).+
Supported = f:wma n:2 m:audio/x-ms-wma
Supported = f:atrac n:2 m:audio/x-oma
Supported = f:lpcm a:lpcm n:6 s:48000 m:audio/l16 # <<<<<<<<<<<< added line

Tell me if everything is ok after that ;) !
FrenchyBoss

Postby tkatsenis » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:07 pm

Nope, no change, still no flac support on PS3, after changing the PS3.conf as instructed.....
tkatsenis

Next

Return to General Help and Support