Send video to streaming device from console

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Send video to streaming device from console

Postby Sane » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:09 am

Is there any possibility to start video streaming from console? I'm looking for something like:

Code: Select all
pms.exe d:\Films\video.avi 192.168.0.3

(providing path to video and IP of streaming client)
Sane

Re: Send video to streaming device from console

Postby meskibob » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:00 pm

The DLNA protocol requires clients to initiate the connection and control the playback of the content. As such, what you're asking for is not viable through PMS.

Edit: in theory you could create your own webstream, select that stream through PMS on your device, and then push whatever content you want to the stream, but that is outside the scope of this forum (except for the second part, which you can just reference the FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=37084#p37084)
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Sane » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Wild Media Server has possibility to send video to the TV (I have a Samsung TV) from its server application. So, I think, there should be such option. Maybe you can point me to the DLNA-related resources - I'll try to find out it by myself.
Sane

Postby meskibob » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:59 pm

Yes, there devices that are both DLNA DMRs (Digital Media Renderer - push content to it) and DMPs (Digital Media Player - requests and plays content). PMS could (in theory) be updated to support DMRs, but it currently only supports DMPs (these are the bulk of household DLNA devices).
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Discussion