Video stuttering, slow, and hyperspeed while using PMS?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Video stuttering, slow, and hyperspeed while using PMS?

Postby corkybucheck » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:11 am

First, I am using a wired connection. I typically only stream .mkv files (nothing better than 720p) to my PMS (1.9.1) and they're normally fine. However sometimes they stutter, slow down, or move at hyperspeed -- all while the audio remains normal. Is there a way to correct this? I read through some other threads on this topic and the information regarding it seems to be all over the place. And 99% of those people were using wireless.
corkybucheck

Re: Video stuttering, slow, and hyperspeed while using PMS?

Postby d3m0n1q_733rz » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:21 pm

Would you mind pinging your router and letting me know what your ping rates are out of the set? It sounds to me like your router is holding on to packets and not delivering them on time or in the right order. Do you have QoS enabled by chance?
d3m0n1q_733rz

Re: Video stuttering, slow, and hyperspeed while using PMS?

Postby mazey » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:18 pm

this is caused by the network being bottlenecked, could be a card, could be a router, could be the renderer network card, try lowing the max bitrate in general settings. it should be 110 by default. so if its not that set it, if it is lower it.
PMS 1.90.2 Snapshot - Intel Celeron G1840 2.8Ghz / Asus Z97m-plus / Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
mazey

Return to General Help and Support