Can't get wired connection using two powerline adapters to w

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Can't get wired connection using two powerline adapters to w

Postby mldardy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:36 pm

I have two TP-Link powerline adapters: one connected to my router and the other connected to my PS3 in my basement. I also use the PS3 media server program on my pc. I put in the IP address which the same as my pc's IP address except the last number of that address is one number below or above my pc's IP address.

I then go to Internet connection settings on my ps3 and setup an custom connection using the IP address from the PS3 media server. I also put in the submet, default router(which I think is the default gateway. I test the connection and it completes step 1 by establishing the IP address but the internet connection fails. What am I doing wrong? Is my adapter setup wrong, is there something on the PS3 media server program on my pc that needs to be configured? I need assistance on what I'm missing.
mldardy

Re: Can't get wired connection using two powerline adapters

Postby mldardy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:28 am

No one with any ideas or assistance on this? Someone please help.
mldardy

Postby chrissiecool » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:24 am

I also have TP-Link adapters and got them working fine using the PS3's automatic settings. I'd try unplugging both adapters, turn off your router. Restart router turn on first adapter press the sync button then run as fast as you can to the basement :lol: and press the sync button on that one as i believe you only have about a minute or so to pair them
chrissiecool

Postby mldardy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:41 pm

OK I will try this evening. Thanks
mldardy

Postby mldardy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:33 am

chrissiecool wrote:I also have TP-Link adapters and got them working fine using the PS3's automatic settings. I'd try unplugging both adapters, turn off your router. Restart router turn on first adapter press the sync button then run as fast as you can to the basement :lol: and press the sync button on that one as i believe you only have about a minute or so to pair them

Hi I was able to finally get the connection to my PS3 but now I'm having trouble with the PS3 media server software itself. I put in the IP address that I got from the PS3 Connection status in the PS3 Media Server general configuration tab but I just get a 'Searching for Renderers...' on the Status tab and in logs it says Caused by: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: bind
mldardy

Postby mazey » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:16 pm

have you tried not putting in the ip address in the ps3 media server config it should detect it automatically.
PMS 1.90.2 Snapshot - Intel Celeron G1840 2.8Ghz / Asus Z97m-plus / Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
mazey

Postby chrissiecool » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:40 pm

use this https://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserve ... e&can=1&q= 1.72 version seems to be most stable and plays everything i throw at it. .. bit crappy if you want to use it to look at photos but video media is fine
chrissiecool

Postby mldardy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:43 am

Well I was able to get my adapters to connect by doing what chrissiecool suggested. I'm able to connect to my directv hd dvr receiver, and windows media player show in the Connect in the status tab on PMS. Now my problem is that I get no media servers found when I got to the Video section on my PS3 and Search for Media Servers. I'm not sure what I need to do but I feel like I get through one step and then I can't get past the next step.What doI need to do to get the PS3 to find the media servers.
mldardy

Postby mazey » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:45 am

mldardy wrote:Well I was able to get my adapters to connect by doing what chrissiecool suggested. I'm able to connect to my directv hd dvr receiver, and windows media player show in the Connect in the status tab on PMS. Now my problem is that I get no media servers found when I got to the Video section on my PS3 and Search for Media Servers. I'm not sure what I need to do but I feel like I get through one step and then I can't get past the next step.What doI need to do to get the PS3 to find the media servers.

sounds like a firewall issue make sure u have notify me when a program is blocked on so u can allow it or try turning off the firewall to see if that fixes it.
PMS 1.90.2 Snapshot - Intel Celeron G1840 2.8Ghz / Asus Z97m-plus / Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
mazey

Postby mldardy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:43 am

mazey wrote:
mldardy wrote:Well I was able to get my adapters to connect by doing what chrissiecool suggested. I'm able to connect to my directv hd dvr receiver, and windows media player show in the Connect in the status tab on PMS. Now my problem is that I get no media servers found when I got to the Video section on my PS3 and Search for Media Servers. I'm not sure what I need to do but I feel like I get through one step and then I can't get past the next step.What doI need to do to get the PS3 to find the media servers.

sounds like a firewall issue make sure u have notify me when a program is blocked on so u can allow it or try turning off the firewall to see if that fixes it.

Well I had the notify me checked already. I turned of the firewall for my home/private network and it didn't work. I'm not sure what else I can try at this point.
mldardy

Next

Return to General Discussion