Help with latest 64 bit version of PS3 Media Server

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Help with latest 64 bit version of PS3 Media Server

Postby foxdenvixen » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:48 pm

I just finished repaving my PC and installed the latest version of PS3 Media Server. I run Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Before I repaved due to some problems that required it, PS3 Media Server was working fine for steaming media to my 3 smart TVs. Now when I try to stream the same TV shows or movies in AVI and MP4, nothing happens. I don't get an error message saying that it cannot read the file or whatever. I have the latest version of Java installed as well. I run the server as a service so I can use it on my smart TVs. I don't know what is going on. i installed the 64 bit version. Is that the problem as I was running the 32 bit version (1.82.0 version 32 bit) before with no problems. Should I uninstall and re-install the older version? Should I try the 32 bit version of the new one (1.91.0)? BTW, I don't own a PS3, I own 3 Xbox 360s. Only one is used from streaming on my son's TV that is not a smart TV. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
foxdenvixen

Re: Help with latest 64 bit version of PS3 Media Server

Postby foxdenvixen » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:25 pm

Nevermind. I uninstalled the 64 bit version and went back to the version that worked for me before (1.82.0 32 bit) and everything is working now. I love PS3 Media Server but obviously I can't run a current version, which is sad.
foxdenvixen

Return to General Help and Support