Sony TV Recognized as Vizio

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Sony TV Recognized as Vizio

Postby Kruskal » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:53 pm

I recently upgraded to a new PMS (1.90.0). Now my Sony TV (KDL-EX640) is taken by PMS to be a Vizio Smart TV. This results in almost all of my videos being Mencoder'ed before playing. Before this all but one set of 720p played immediately.

I've fixed the problem be renaming VizioSmartTV.conf but that leaves me with an Unknown Renderer. I had hoped this PMS update would fix that one problem I was having with the Sony TV by recognizing it.

Any ideas?

Thanks -- Vincent

BTW, the log is neither searchable nor able to be placed in the copy buffer. That makes it a real pain to search for anything. (Unless I am missing something.)
Kruskal

Re: Sony TV Recognized as Vizio

Postby meskibob » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Which version of PMS properly recognized your TV?
Please provide debug.logs (see the FAQ for directions - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=38484#p38484) from each version of PMS.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Kruskal » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:42 pm

No prior version recognized my Sony TV. As I said, the Sony TV working pretty well as an Unrecognized Renderer. But it wasn't perfect, so I upgraded. I don't know how to find the version number of my prior version. I'd guess it was 1.8.

My Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/UimFh8rC

Thanks

PS Thanks for answer as to getting the Debug Log out of PMS.
Kruskal

Postby meskibob » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:52 pm

Since no version of PMS has properly recognized your TV, please follow the FAQ for creating a new renderer.conf file - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p57942
Your TV may require a new conf file or it may be able to be incorporated into one of the existing Bravia conf files.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Kruskal » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:17 pm

I had been building my courage to delve into conf file creation when my Sony TV wasn't recognized. But then I saw that there was a significantly newer PMS version and I gave it a try.

If the Sony TV had continued to be unrecognized, I wouldn't have been surprised. But I don't have a model of what's going on that could cause it to seen as a Vizio Smart TV. Further complicating my model is that I own quite a few Vizio TVs (although not DLNA models) which makes this mis-recognition an even more surprising coincidence for me.
Kruskal

Postby Kruskal » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:38 pm

meskibob wrote:Since no version of PMS has properly recognized your TV, please follow the FAQ for creating a new renderer.conf file - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p57942
Your TV may require a new conf file or it may be able to be incorporated into one of the existing Bravia conf files.

OK, I read FAQ and I'm stuck. When PMS fails to recognize my Sony TV it says:

Media renderer was not recognized. Possible identifying HTTP headers: User-Agent: IPI/1.0 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50

There is no X-AV-Client-Info to allow me to trigger a conf file. Any idea why?

Thanks -- Vincent
Kruskal

Postby Kruskal » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:52 pm

I got the Sony Bravia EX620 Series conf file recognized by changing it to check the User-Agent. Hope it works well for me. But using User-Agent makes my conf file unusable for general use, right?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17030&p=80170&hilit=sony+bravia#p80170
Kruskal

Postby mazey » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:54 pm

the 600 series ex's are different to other ex's try the default renderer when not recognised option and select braviaex620 config in general settings. as its probably the most suited, you can try braviaex also to see if it works better. or create a custom renderer for that model.
mazey

Postby Kruskal » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:04 pm

mazey wrote:the 600 series ex's are different to other ex's try the default renderer when not recognised option and select braviaex620 config in general settings. as its probably the most suited, you can try braviaex also to see if it works better. or create a custom renderer for that model.

Changing the default to BraviaEx620 is essentially what I did by changing its recognition ID to the User-Agent I was seeing from my TV.

Do YOU have any idea why my Bravia EX-640 doesn't send X-AV-Client-Info?

Thanks -- Vincent
Kruskal

Postby mazey » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:35 am

no idea havent run into that before, sorry
mazey

Next

Return to General Help and Support