HELP please, PS3MS won't connect to PS3

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

HELP please, PS3MS won't connect to PS3

Postby msabell » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:22 am

Hi guys I know this must have been covered in a hundred posts, but I can't get PS3 Media Server to connect with PS3.

I've checked various threads and have tried everything, i.e. ensuring Windows 7 firewall is allowing the program through (it is), I've tried running the wrapper.exe file (does not help) and also tried installing as a Windows service and opening the services page to start the service (doesn't work). I've tried putting in my PC's IP address and also the PS3's IP (which seems to change every time I restart the thing, one day it's 192.168.0.3, the next minute it's 192.168.0.6 - wondering if THIS is the problem and if I can get the PS3 to stay on the same IP address?). I have tried everything.

My PS3 finds my PC though so it's not a wireless connection issue; the Windows Media Player icon or whatever comes up on the PS3. So it MUST be a PS3MS issue.

I've recently bought and installed a new router, having trouble opening ports on it but never had to open/forward a port for PS3MS before and it worked fine on my old router.

Can someone please shed some light on what I'm doing wrong? Also with uninstalling and reinstalling PS3MS I know there are settings I need to delete somewhere after uninstalling it but can't find them.
msabell

Re: HELP please, PS3MS won't connect to PS3

Postby meskibob » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:29 pm

Follow the FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=32731#p34933
If you need assistance with a specific help point from the FAQ, search Google or post a specific question here (with a debug.log as well - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=38484#p38484)
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support