Req: Step by step installation how to!

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Req: Step by step installation how to!

Postby Nemesys_2002 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been using PMS for some time but I don't think I'm doing it right.
I have been having a lot of problems viewing videos on my PS3 with PMS.
Is there a step by step install/config help file somewhere for the latest build? (1.9.0)
I'm still 1.72.0 as it seems to be the better version for me. I have lots of .mkv's, .avi's, .mp4's, etc... that just won't play or will skip all over.
I have a fairly new PC with an i7 (3rd Gen) and lots of ram running windows 7 64bit. I never got ffmpg to work as I can't see how to set it up. Or any plugins for that matter. My PC/PS3 are on a 1GBit local network so speed isn't an issue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Nemesys_2002

Re: Req: Step by step installation how to!

Postby mazey » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:39 am

with the 1.90.0 version of ps3 media server ffmpeg works well, just bump ffmpeg to first ahead of mencoder on the list, if it skips over files its probably related to the remux problem on non-ps3 renderers just untick the remux when compatible option under ffmpeg options then it should work, i use ffmpeg fulltime now as it uses alot less cpu then mencoder and i havent ran into any problems playing any file. doesnt hurt to probably update ffmpeg also heres the link just grab the 32bit static build and replace the ffmpeg.exe in the bin folder with the one in the ps3 media server/win32 folder. i really wish the devs would update the ffmpeg windows binary in the official build its now 10 months old.

http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
mazey

Postby Raptor399 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:49 am

mazey wrote:i really wish the devs would update the ffmpeg windows binary in the official build its now 10 months old.

Wish granted. ;-)
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby Nemesys_2002 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:15 pm

Ok mazey, I'll have a try at 1.90.0.
I'll report after making a few tests.
If this works out, I will then try to get my XBOX 360 to work with PMS! Haven't tried it yet.
Thanks
Nemesys_2002

Postby mazey » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:42 pm

Raptor399 wrote:
mazey wrote:i really wish the devs would update the ffmpeg windows binary in the official build its now 10 months old.

Wish granted. ;-)

hehe thanks on behalf of everyone who can now enjoy it :) def worth trying its less cpu intensive and the quality is better imo. i think it lacks subtitle things but if you dont need them definelly worth bumping it up ahead of mencoder and trying it out.
mazey

Return to General Help and Support