magnifying glass to start scan does not work

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

magnifying glass to start scan does not work

Postby wfeg » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:43 am

I have just installed PS3 Media Server, and I haven't been able to get a first scan search to start. The magnifying glass in Navigation/Share settings/Shared folders is greyed out, and nothing happens when you click on it.
The Status tab shows 2 detected media renderers- Unknown renderer, and WMP.
On the Transcoding settings tab, I have clicked on '#--TRANSCODE--# folder chapter support (interval in minutes)'. Apart from that, and entering 3 shared folder locations, I have taken the default settings.
I have a Western Digital MyBookLiveDuo ethernet NAS drive connected to my router, which connects to my computer.

Can anyone tell my how to get a first scan of my selected shared folder locations?

I have attached a text file containing the log information.

Wfeg
wfeg

Re: magnifying glass to start scan does not work

Postby Keltha » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:48 pm

Same problem here, except on an external HDD connected to my laptop. Adding a folder not from the external HDD didn't work as well. I managed to connect the TV to PMS, but this problems stands in the way! I've searched the FAQ and the forums, and that's the only thread I've found with the same problem.
Any kind soul to help us? :)
Keltha

Re: magnifying glass to start scan does not work

Postby mazey » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:10 am

you need to enable cache for it to let you run a scan. its a option in navigation/share tab. by default enable cache is unticked hence why it doesnt work.
PMS 1.90.2 SNAPSHOT - HP Proliant Microserver N54L 2.2Ghz - Windows Home Server 2011 (64bit) 8GB - Bravia KDL55HX750
mazey

Return to General Help and Support