i don't understand how to do Snapshot Builds

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

i don't understand how to do Snapshot Builds

Postby cooltwou » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:59 pm

i am using a Lenovo PC with Windows 8 & i am streaming to a Samsung TV & an Xbox 360 & a PS3 & also i am using 1.90 version & i was having problems playing certain Videos & now i was told to use a snapshot build but i don't understand where that in the PS3 Media Server directory & i can't get the 1.90 to detect any renderers & i can't get a copy of the log till i get it to detect any renderers & i still need help on the snapshot build can somebody please help me

i don't understand this:
Download the latest version of "pms-xxx.jar-with-dependencies.jar" from here (where xxx is the version you want)
Close PMS on your computer
Rename the downloaded "pms-xxx.jar-with-dependencies.jar" to "pms.jar"
Replace the "pms.jar" in the PMS application working directory with the one you downloaded (make a backup of the original, just in case)
Start PMS and check that the version shown in the window title corresponds to the one you downloaded
it says you get the one with pms-xxx.jar-with-dependencies.jar that has 3 X in it but i never saw one that had 3 X in it at all &
another is Replace the "pms.jar" in the PMS application working directory with the one you downloaded but where do you put this at in a main body or a certain folder or what & i where do you find the first pms.jar you all ready have & i did it before by putting the one you downloaded in the main body & went to open up the PS3 media server & it did not open at all
Last edited by cooltwou on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cooltwou

Re: i don't understand how to do Snapshot Builds

Postby cooltwou » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:31 pm

i am still confused about the snapshot build & i still don't understand where you post to put the file you download & rename
cooltwou

Postby cooltwou » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:20 am

here is a link to my debug.log: http://pastebin.com/j7RYUMKJ & i am still confused about the snapshot build where to put it in the PS3 media server Folder
cooltwou

Postby cooltwou » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:40 pm

I renamed & took at the first pms.jar & renamed the the snapshot build & put it were the first one was at & now the program will not open at all
cooltwou

Return to General Help and Support