Web content will not stream

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Web content will not stream

Postby raybero » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:18 am

I believe that the latest version of PS3 Media Server (1.90.x) is no longer compatible with the older PMSEncoder (1.6.3). You may want to go back to PS3 Media Server 1.82 until everything gets sorted out.
raybero

Postby dsuchter » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:09 am

Noted. I've rolled back to 1.82.0. It doesn't look like the ps3mencoder is crashing anymore, which is probably indicative of forward progress. However, the overall error message from my PS3 is the same, "This content cannot be played. (800288E1)." Here's the new debug.log http://pastebin.com/jBAqA8Eh

Any more ideas?
dsuchter

Re: PMS 1.90 and pmsencoder-1.6.3.jar

Postby keroppi » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:58 pm

thanks, but another error

ERROR 2013-08-06 21:53:57.275 [main] Error instantiating plugin
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.pms.PMS.getExtensions()Ljava/util/ArrayList;
at com.chocolatey.pmsencoder.Plugin.<init>(Plugin.groovy:162) ~[na:na]
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at net.pms.external.ExternalFactory.instantiateEarlyListeners(ExternalFactory.java:208) [pms.jar:1.90.1-SNAPSHOT]
at net.pms.external.ExternalFactory.lookup(ExternalFactory.java:186) [pms.jar:1.90.1-SNAPSHOT]
at net.pms.PMS.init(PMS.java:526) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1-SNAPSHOT]
at net.pms.PMS.createInstance(PMS.java:872) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1-SNAPSHOT]
at net.pms.PMS.main(PMS.java:949) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1-SNAPSHOT]
keroppi

Postby chocolateboy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:04 am

Compatibility with PMS >= 1.90.0 will be fixed in the next PMSEncoder release. In the meantime, you can try a PMSEncoder snapshot build (remove the old PMSEncoder jar and replace it with the "jar-with-dependencies" version).
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby dsuchter » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:57 pm

chocolateboy wrote:Compatibility with PMS >= 1.90.0 will be fixed in the next PMSEncoder release. In the meantime, you can try a PMSEncoder snapshot build (remove the old PMSEncoder jar and replace it with the "jar-with-dependencies" version).

Well what about for my situation? I rolled back to 1.82.0 and it still doesn't work.

Maybe I should roll *forward* again to 1.90.0 and try the snapshot?

To be clear: I'm happy to try any permutation of PMS + PMSEncoder, so just give me a working combination and I'll try it.
dsuchter

Postby chocolateboy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:12 pm

dsuchter wrote:I found the install instructions somewhat ambiguous for a novice like myself. For example, when the instructions say, "add mencoder_path" as follows to your PMS.conf

The installation instructions don't say that.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby dsuchter » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:14 pm

chocolateboy wrote:
dsuchter wrote:I found the install instructions somewhat ambiguous for a novice like myself. For example, when the instructions say, "add mencoder_path" as follows to your PMS.conf

The installation instructions don't say that.

Sorry chocolateboy, you are correct and I was imprecise, my bad. The installation instructions on github don't say anything about path to mencoder_path, however, you as opposed your instructions say that earlier in this very thread in this post. I was sort of treating your personal word as overall "installation instructions SLASH troubleshooting" =]

Anyway, I'll start with a fresh conf and see what I can get done. Thanks-
dsuchter

Postby chocolateboy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:59 pm

dsuchter wrote:you as opposed your instructions say that earlier in this very thread in this post.

As it says in my first post on the first page of this thread:

chocolateboy wrote:The following information is obsolete. (See above.)

The fact that that post you linked to is from 2010 and refers to a program (ps3mencoder) that no longer exists ought to have been a giveaway...
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby dsuchter » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:18 pm

You make a good point, but that just shows (a) I was methodically reading the whole damn 94 page thread and (b) the extent I've gone through to try solving my problem. When stuff doesn't work, I keep digging and digging to try more and more things... since I still haven't found a solution I'll keep going.
dsuchter

Postby chocolateboy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:20 am

I'm locking this thread since it appears to be leading to confusion.

To discuss PMSEncoder, please go to the PMSEncoder thread (don't forget to follow the instructions for reporting issues if you want a reply).
chocolateboy
Project Member

Previous

Return to General Help and Support