I have problem with version 1.90

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

I have problem with version 1.90

Postby cooltwou » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:08 pm

I am streaming to my Ps3 & using a lenovo PC & using Windows 8 & I have a problem every time since I upgrade to the 1.90 when I goto copy something to my PS3 with this program every file says it is corrupted what would cause this to keep happening withe 1.90 version & also now it is saying anything i try to play though this program is corrupted & I can't play anything now& i putting a copy of my debug.log here to
Attachments
Debug.rar
(214.18 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
cooltwou

Re: I have problem with version 1.90

Postby cooltwou » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:58 pm

I need help I still can't watch anything at all & I am still having this problem also this program on the Samsung TV is not showing all the media files that are on the computer
cooltwou

Postby cooltwou » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:55 pm

I have another problem on my Xbox 360 using this program it will not detect the music in the music folder
cooltwou

Postby cooltwou » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:37 am

I still have problems & I have posted my debug.log & I still can't get any help or any answers
cooltwou

Postby cooltwou » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:58 pm

still need help here
cooltwou

Postby cooltwou » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:25 pm

why can't i get any admin to help me with these problems i am having they are not covered in any section on this page at all
cooltwou

Postby meskibob » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:59 pm

Let's see...
  1. Maybe it's because you continually ask questions that are covered in the FAQ, even after being pointed to the specific FAQ post regarding your question. Your post history indicates as much.
  2. Maybe it's because you violate standard forum etiquette by cross-posting and hijacking other threads. Again, your post history indicates as much, and you've been warned about it before.
  3. Maybe it's because you don't follow the directions for how to properly request support.
    For example, here are some issues with your current request:
    • You provided a debug.log from version 1.82.0, not 1.90.0 (or the latest snapshot as directed in the Problem Reporting Guidelines)
    • Your debug.log contains far too many playback events, not the specific issue case (as directed in the FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=38484#p38484)
    • You didn't provide the sample or MediaInfo for the specific file(s) that are giving you problems
  4. One of my very first responses to you indicated a need for proper punctuation/grammar on your part. I figured the reason why (that it's hard to determine what someone's issue is when you can't decipher their post) was obvious, but that clearly hasn't sunk in. By itself it's not a deal-breaker, but combined with the other points above...
You will not get support from me until the issues above are fixed. Someone else can feel free to help you out.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby cooltwou » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:06 am

well there is a problem with the PMS snapshot build it doesn't detect any renderers at all & every file i had problem playing that was Video i used Universal Media Server & it had no problem playing & but i can't find out what the problems are or which files are the problem i can't get the PS3 Media Server to Show up at all & i have all 3 Renderers on the Samsung TV Xbox 360 & the PS3 & i get nothing showing up & i don't know how to tell what the problem is or how to fix it on Windows 8
cooltwou

Postby cooltwou » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:48 am

i have a problem i did this what i was told to do here:
The latest development version of PMS can be downloaded from the Jenkins Snapshot Build Server. New snapshot builds are available within an hour after every change made to the PMS source code.

Thanks a lot to smo for setting this server up! The original thread about the setup can be found here.

Having a build like this makes it easy to gain access to specific bug fixes as well as new features, but please bear in mind these builds may not have been widely tested and are not guaranteed to be stable. Please let us know if you spot any regressions (i.e. new bugs not present in the latest official release). Also: feedback on things that have been fixed in these builds is always welcome!

Update procedure for Windows and Linux:

Download the latest version of "pms-xxx.jar-with-dependencies.jar" from here (where xxx is the version you want)
Close PMS on your computer
Rename the downloaded "pms-xxx.jar-with-dependencies.jar" to "pms.jar"
Replace the "pms.jar" in the PMS application working directory with the one you downloaded (make a backup of the original, just in case)
Start PMS and check that the version shown in the window title to the one you downloaded
now when i click on the desktop icon nothing happens & it doesn't state if you post to put the file you rename in a certain folder in the PMS application working directory with the one you download & I don't understand that at all
cooltwou

Postby cooltwou » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:19 am

here is a link to my debug.log: http://pastebin.com/j7RYUMKJ & keep in mind this debug.log will not have the problems i having with the videos because i still don't know where you put the snapshot build at in the PS3 media server directory
cooltwou

Next

Return to General Help and Support