Asus Transforner TF101

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Asus Transforner TF101

Postby CrazySpy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:01 am

Hi There,

I was wondering if the PS3 Media Server will work with my Android Table Asus Transformer TF101.

I had tried a couple of software available on Market until I figure out that I have a software called MyNet that is a Asus component for the tablet.

Using the MyNet application I'm able to see the folders that I'm sharing using the PMS... and browse all my video files and also the associated COVER (thumbnail) for each.

PMS is able to stream the .MP4 files... and I can see in table without problems...

Some .MP4 files won't load at all.. I got an error on load...
All the other file types... mkv, ISO, wmv won't loda.

PMS is showing the Sony BluRay as detected media renders.

Could anyone tell me what is the best config for the PMS to be able to stream all kind of videos to Asus Transformer TF101?

Also... if there is any other kind of application let me know... I already tested
Eminent DLNA Player: Able to find the PMS but can't browse the files.
Air Player Free: Able to find the PMS but can't browse the files.
UPnPlay: Can browse but can't play files .MP4 give me the error Unsupported Format: video/mpeg, MKV give me the error Unsupported format: video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts

Could anyone give me a hint?
CrazySpy

Re: Asus Transforner TF101

Postby tapufd » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Hi,

I think it won't work with the current available versions of PMS.
I did some investigation, and the MyNet tool indeed needs MP4 files, and PMS can't transcode (yet?!) to MP4.
As long as that is not possible, the MyNet tool won't work.

Ofcourse I can totally be wrong... :?

/T
tapufd

Postby SRG » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:11 am

I too would be interested by streaming PMS content to my Asus TF101 through MyNet.
Sadly at that time it doesn't work for me (same symptoms as in first post), any help would be appreciated ...
SRG

Postby Thibaut » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi,
The big problem of the sound, the Transformer does not like AC3 which is used when PMS is transcoding.
I have a config file that works with avi files at the moment.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2099&p=66938#p66938

Thibaut
Thibaut

Postby CrazySpy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:31 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply. I will check the other topic.
But in movie library (around 1TB) the majority are MKV or MP4 videos...
Let's see what we can do.
CrazySpy

Postby brock.ps3ms » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:04 am

Hi !

This is the combination that I have working with the Asus TF101 Transformer running Android 4.0.3
- VLC VideoLAN for Android Beta (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... neon&hl=en) OpenSource FREE
- Skifta from Qualcomm (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .app&hl=en) FREE

Skifta provides the DLNA function while VLC provides the Video playback and decoders.

I can play MKV and MP4 video. (and lots of others) (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html)

These are also working on the Google Nexus and Samsung Note II phones over WiFi.

To make the Asus Transformer TF101 work with the ps3mediaserver 1.82.0, I had to create a new renderer .conf file or it would always show "No Media Found".

I used the PS3.conf as the base and modified it as necessary. (reference : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=49536#p49536)

My current working asus.transformer.tf101.conf renderer file (which still requires some edits to complete the configuration) is attached.

The icon png file that also needs some work is attached.
Attachments
asus.transformer.tf101.conf.zip
ps3mediaserver renderer file for Asus Transformer TF101
(7.46 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
asus.tf101-200x166-t-1.png
The icon / image file for ps3mediaserver for Asus Transformer TF101
asus.tf101-200x166-t-1.png (27.24 KiB) Viewed 1192 times
brock.ps3ms

Return to Alternative Media Renderers