Fedora 19

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Fedora 19

Postby Hydetech » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:56 pm

Can you run on Fedora 19?
Iget the noise and unsynched video. :(
Hydetech

Re: Fedora 19

Postby Seve » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:53 am

You haven't provide enough information for anyone to help you, other than what I am about to post.

It compiles and runs fine here on F19 x86_64
Seve

Postby Hydetech » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:31 am

Yes, it's a big help.
If someone gets working fine, then my setting is wrong.
Indeed, I used MEncoder for Video decoding that was a problem.
I change it to FFmpeg then it works and better than before. I mean I had an issue Video signal delay 200msec. Now it's gone.
Thank you for your reply. I've updated all my PCs to FC19 now. :D
Hydetech

Postby bberndt » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:53 am

Looks like a good place for me to stop by...

I had been using PMS on Windows XP just fine. Have a XBMCbuntu box at the TV, and was working fine. Also have a Western Digitial TV Live at another TV, again worked fine with PMS on Windows XP.

Am trying to get PMS set up on a Fedora 19 box now. Haven't tried using the WD TV LIve yet. The XBMC doesn't play though. All I get is a bunch of screeching for audio, and the video plays super fast. -- this is with an xvid/ divx .avi file, and a x264 mp4, both claim to be transcoded when playing them. Can't remember if I had them exluded when I set up windows xp or now...

What might you need, to help me out?

thanks.
bberndt

Postby bberndt » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:14 am

I think I might have at least solved the symptoms, but not sure I correctly solved the problem. Had to install mplayer, and libmedianinfo0, and libzen, before PMS would start without error. Also added .avi, and .mp4 to the transcode exclude list for the xbmc profile in PMS. Im sure this was more to the point that the missing files.

Appreciate any thoughts.
bberndt

Postby Seve » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:24 am

See if this post helps you.

At the very least it will get you started, from there have a look at the traces / debug.log generated by starting the application to see what if anything is missing.

http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15240
Seve

Return to Linux/Unix Support